Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Taking shots is fun (low content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334054)

Mike Burchett 09-11-2005 02:33 AM

Re: Taking shots is fun (low content)

Yes and no. The overs dont kick in until the flop, so you basically have a 80/160 game with a mini blind structure; assuming everyone has a button. The overs only kicks in on betting rounds (not pf) that start with all active players with buttons.

When I was activated in 2003, I played at Oceans 11 20/40 with overs and I can attest that it seriously makes the games juicier.

Sponger15SB 09-11-2005 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River Ks. Checked to me, I bet, straddler checkraises, 2 folds, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf!?

How could you just call here?

psyduck 09-11-2005 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River Ks. Checked to me, I bet, straddler checkraises, 2 folds, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf!?

How could you just call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

River is also a spade.

Eric P 09-11-2005 03:02 AM

I don't understand how just calling could be that large a mistake. The flush draw got there and he got check-rasied, also there are two higher cards (set-over-set, however unlikely, the guys hadn't looked at his cards though...).

flawless_victory 09-11-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, $2,700 pot. At least everyone was having fun, and I hope you stayed till all the LAGs left.

[/ QUOTE ]this pot was almost twice this big.

surfdoc 09-11-2005 11:33 AM

I share your talent of running bad whenever I take a shot at a big game. It really blows and may be something to consider before I sneak into the 1/2 at Commerce.

I also play at Oceans from time to time and am now wondering who you are?

Mikey 09-12-2005 01:20 AM

my heart just sank with you.

this game makes you cry sometimes.

J.A.Sucker 09-12-2005 02:30 AM

The straddler did look at his cards early, BTW. That said, you gotta love any game with overs, and this one sounds like a great one. I may have to make a trip down south...

NLSoldier 09-12-2005 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The straddler did look at his cards early, BTW. That said, you gotta love any game with overs, and this one sounds like a great one. I may have to make a trip down south...

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you think the straddler looked early?

sthief09 09-12-2005 09:47 AM

if you're taking a shot you shouldn't be playing in a game with 7 way capped pots (though this really depends on a lot of things, so depending on your situation it could be completely wrong) and 3-betting 5 people with 88. that's a good way to go broke fast