Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   nyc poker rooms (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332218)

JonPKibble 09-08-2005 05:30 PM

Re: nyc poker rooms

[ QUOTE ]
Of course it does. What's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP's comments seemed to ignore this very fact:

"poker is not a crime, yet the more owners, players and dealers plea out or ignore the situation, the more the police feel they have a right to raid any place they want."

Of course they can raid an illegal poker club, or am I missing something here?

W. Deranged 09-08-2005 05:34 PM

Pr333,

Let me just say that I think that dealers in the clubs I've played in in NY are without question some of the nicest, most courteous, interesting, and competent dealers I've had the pleasure to play with. You guys do an awesome, and risky, job, and all us NYC poker players really appreciate that.

Luv2DriveTT 09-08-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pr333,

Let me just say that I think that dealers in the clubs I've played in in NY are without question some of the nicest, most courteous, interesting, and competent dealers I've had the pleasure to play with. You guys do an awesome, and risky, job, and all us NYC poker players really appreciate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen one really competent dealer ever in NYC, thats it. But you are right, they are awesome none the less.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

W. Deranged 09-08-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pr333,

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen one really competent dealer ever in NYC, thats it. But you are right, they are awesome none the less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Competence is sort of a state of mind when it comes to poker dealing... Mike C. at the SC, for example, makes more minor mistakes than most but I still consider him to be a master of his craft...

And, remember, my main basis for comparison if Foxwoods...

seeker 09-08-2005 09:15 PM

If there was a federal statute against gambling, we wouldn't have Las Vegas.

arod15 09-08-2005 10:19 PM

PM this this has to stop. I hate being afraid to get my chips confiscated that would suck.

Luv2DriveTT 09-08-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, remember, my main basis for comparison if Foxwoods...

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case, they are all living gods.