Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What's the best coffee for home consumption? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330900)

durron597 09-06-2005 04:37 PM

Re: What\'s the best coffee for home consumption?

[ QUOTE ]
Im partial to Dunkin Donuts whole bean.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is undoubtedly correct. Thread over.

In all seriousness, unless you start getting into the obscure brands this is what you want.

scott8 09-06-2005 04:43 PM

So basically I am limited to what the grocery store or the local coffee shop sells?

I was under the impression that you could get the really good stuff delivered. But I have never known the really good stuff, so didn't know where to start.

scott8 09-06-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Torrefazione is fantastic. We are lucky enough to get in my office- woohoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought this and will give it a try.

theghost 09-06-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im partial to Dunkin Donuts whole bean.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is undoubtedly correct. Thread over.

In all seriousness, unless you start getting into the obscure brands this is what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you joking?

jason_t 09-06-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peet's

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.

sublime 09-06-2005 04:56 PM

semi off topic-

i have a 'one cup at a time' coffee maker. you never have to change the filer etc. its cheap and practical. however, does the quality of the instrument making the coffee alter the taste of the bean? if so, i will upgrade.

durron597 09-06-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

are you joking?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but then again I've never heard of any of the other brands in this thread and my grocery store only has crap.

If you're talking about getting rarer coffees delivered etc. then the answer changes of course.

The best coffee in the world is Jamaica Blue Mountain.

scott8 09-06-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
semi off topic-

i have a 'one cup at a time' coffee maker. you never have to change the filer etc. its cheap and practical. however, does the quality of the instrument making the coffee alter the taste of the bean? if so, i will upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that there is a significant difference between whole bean and ground coffee and also a major difference in the quality of grinder used to grind the beans (the good ones retailing for around 200$).

However, and this is only speculation, I don't think there is much difference in the machines which primary job is to run hot water through the coffee.

M2d 09-06-2005 05:01 PM

Links

Here's some links to some peaberry providers

captain cook
Sugai Farm
Kona Mountain

sublime 09-06-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
semi off topic-

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that there is a significant difference between whole bean and ground coffee and also a major difference in the quality of grinder used to grind the beans (the good ones retailing for around 200$).

However, and this is only speculation, I don't think there is much difference in the machines which primary job is to run hot water through the coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i dont use a grinder. not yet anyways.