Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What would it take for you to quit online poker? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328681)

lefty rosen 09-02-2005 11:59 PM

Re: What would it take for you to quit online poker?

3 or 4 table Stars and you dont have much choices.

MicroBob 09-03-2005 12:04 AM

If Party raised their rake to $7 a hand and eliminated rake-back or whatever bad scenario you can come up with then I would simply head over to Stars, UB, Absolute (if I can handle the software), Prima, True, Pacific, Crypto, wherever.

I am COMPLETELY prepared to do this and don't think it would be that big a deal.

Same thing if the games at Party suddenly became really tough to beat for some reason and I thought the games at Stars or UB were better.
If I had to step back in limits upon switching sites for whatever reason that wouldn't be a problem for me either.

I would think that anyone who plays winning online-poker at Party should be able to do same on another site.
I would also think that any winning poker-player should/would be prepared to switch games/sites when the situation dictates.

Party could completely fall apart for all I care and I don't think it would bother me too much at all.

Shoe 09-03-2005 12:53 AM

I would quit for 2 reasons.

1. I could no longer beat the games at a decent rate (whether this be due to tougher games, increased rake, less bonuses/rakeback, or any other reason).

2. I won so much money that I would never have to worry about money again. In this case I would probably only play occasionally "for fun." If i had enough money I would be chillin on a lake everyday for the rest of my life, with no worries.

solucky 09-03-2005 05:46 AM

My money comes from RB, and bonus not so many from playing. If poker is not profitable for me, i definetely leave. Poker is in my opinion not a great game without making money (backgammon at sample is much better).

Wolfgang

ripped 09-03-2005 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The poker world doesn't revolve around Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt? Why would anyone play elsewhere when you can get high rakeback and a selection of tables like no other site?

mbpoker 09-03-2005 10:49 AM

What limits you play and at what times?

lefty rosen 09-03-2005 04:41 PM

2/4 short. The pickings are slim during the week during working hours.....

jek187 09-03-2005 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2/4 short. The pickings are slim during the week during working hours.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Party doesn't even have 2/4 short handed tables.

MicroBob 09-03-2005 05:07 PM

That's why the pickings are so slim!!

Piers 09-03-2005 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would it take for you to quit online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

~UKP 1,000,000