Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hurricane Katrina Relief Tourney Poll & Info (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326260)

Slacker13 08-30-2005 10:44 PM

Re: Hurricane Katrina Relief Tourney Poll & Info

[ QUOTE ]
Dude the entire point here is to get the largest amount of donations not to have a serious tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Well put.

Tonights Headlines:
#Conditions worsen in New Orleans
# Looting and shootings reported in New Orleans
# Critical patients being airlifted, shelters being evacuated
# New Orleans mayor: Bodies being pushed to the side
# Paint marks indicate Mississippi homes with bodies
# Death toll officially around 70 but expected to rise
#Victims left with nothing
• States struggle with destruction
• Alabama power outage statewide
• Mississippi expects heavy death toll
• Biloxi: We swam among floating cars

This is why were doing a rebuy.

hardinda 08-30-2005 10:47 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but I've setup a private tourney on Stars for next Wed, Sept 7th at 9pm est. All proceeds will be donated to the winners choice of hurricane charities. I'm working with Lee Jones on how much Stars will chip in. So far he has agreed to personally add 2x the rake if there are more than 20 players (shouldn't be a problem). Many of the players I know are playing the $10 tourney and donating extra cash on the side. All funds collected will be donated to the winner's charity with a letter sent to that charity explaining the tournament. PM if you are interested.

Winning players will be expected to transfer back winnings for deposit to the chosen charity. I'm working with Lee Jones to make sure this happens as well.

Slacker13 08-30-2005 10:52 PM

I applaud your efforts, every donation helps but 2x's the rake sounds a little weak compared to what Paradise is offering. We get much more for our money from Paradise Poker.

GrannyMae 08-30-2005 10:52 PM

Not to hijack the thread

but you did.

i encourage 100 tournaments, but please let's keep the threads seperate. thx bro.

hardinda 08-30-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to hijack the thread

but you did.

i encourage 100 tournaments, but please let's keep the threads seperate. thx bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this thread is about Tourney Info, which is what my tourney is, why add a whole bunch of extra threads?

Slacker13 08-30-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually this thread is about Tourney Info, which is what my tourney is, why add a whole bunch of extra threads?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't see the difference? This thread is about a particular tourney, not tourneys in general. Please start a new thread.

iluzion 08-30-2005 11:00 PM

I prefer $10, especially if it's with rebuys, but I would still play the $20 tourney, my money is just basically a donation either way heh.

jasonHoldEm 08-30-2005 11:01 PM

I'm all for some $10 a pop Daniel Negreanu-esque rebuy madness. CAMISA!!!!

J

GrannyMae 08-30-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to hijack the thread

but you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as i said, i hope there is a tourney every single night of the week for the next MONTH. it is a horrible situation and getting worse.

however, having both of these tournaments in same thread will only confuse people. your's is wednesday and at a different site.

i think it is cool that we are doing these tournies. thanks.

i'm SURE the mods would allow a second thread. if they have watched the news, it won't be a problem.

jasonHoldEm 08-30-2005 11:22 PM

Those who are having issues with the idea of a R&A tournament need to look at this from a different perspective.

For the cost of nice night on the town (lets say dinner, drinks, and a movie) you could easily have enough money to pay for a buy-in, rebuy, and an add-on and you'd probably have money leftover.

If $30 is a major part of your bankroll then pony up some money from your personal funds and make a deposit from outside sources...anyone playing this tournament to turn a profit (or take it seriously from a strategy perspective) is looking in the wrong place. Look at the money as a donation and separate it from your bankroll.

And for pete's sake try to have some fun...I know it's hard, and the poker books apparently all say you have to take this game seriously at all times, but if you change your attitude just this once you might just enjoy it and help someone in the process.

{/soapbox}

J