Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2 hands. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326016)

Finite_Risk 08-30-2005 03:04 PM

Re: 2 hands.

Hand 1 - I'd bet 2/3 pot

Hand 2 - Agree, flopping flush would be rare so I'd lean towards leading the turn....could you check call here?

kongo_totte 08-30-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could you check call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am checking, I am going for a check-raise.

foldem 08-30-2005 03:09 PM

what hand is a good player calling a check raise with that you beat?

UOPokerPlayer 08-30-2005 03:09 PM

Hand 1 - I bet 15, and proceed to put money in the pot. 55 is the only hand i see you're behind. (Except limped aces, which I think you can't be in fear of). 55 doesn't lead at this pot. He clearly likes his hand and you have to like yours, so keep betting for value with enough to have a draw make a mistake.

Hand 2 I like checking here. I can't see what flush hand he would limp utg with. So that means he either has set/2 pair or air. A bet lets the bluff fold easy and the set/2pair maybe get away. Check and see what he does.

kongo_totte 08-30-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what hand is a good player calling a check raise with that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands is a good player calling a lead with on the turn that I beat?

UOPokerPlayer 08-30-2005 03:15 PM

yeah, it's a check-raise for sure. It looks funny and it's the best way to win villian stack. As i said in my post, it's impossible to put villian on the flush. A 16/6 villian doesn't limp TJs utg.

foldem 08-30-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands is a good player calling a lead with on the turn that I beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

that is why i suggest check-calling and leading the river chief.

Finite_Risk 08-30-2005 03:24 PM

Hand 2 - since I read this hand I have had four villan hands in my head, 99, j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], AQo, and KxJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Now, what would UTG villain 16/6 play? If that were me, I would limp AQo, might fold j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]preflop and would be 50/50 on raising 99. WOuld he play KxJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? I doubt it from UTG but let's leave it in the range.

If hero checkraises, j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]is definately calling.

Would AQo call here? I would lay this to a big raise

Tougher to lay the set of 9's

Why would j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]raise the flop here? Really that scared of 1 card?

Given that I think he does NOT have the flush, I'd check here (call if reasonably bet to) and lead any non-board pairing river for 3/4 pot.

TheWorstPlayer 08-30-2005 03:30 PM

Bet $15 in both hands. Just kidding. $6-8 sounds better in the second hand.

kongo_totte 08-30-2005 05:17 PM

Results

Thanks everyone.

Hand 1 I bet $12, he made a big re-raise to which I puked and folded.

Hand 2

I whiffed a check-raise on turn. He called a VB on the river w/ As Ts.