Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   what to do with SUPER tight SUPER passive tables? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323853)

aK13 08-27-2005 06:24 AM

Re: what to do with SUPER tight SUPER passive tables?

tight passive tables are not profitable (or only marginally so, since all pots are small, and the bulk of your winnings will probably come from picking up pots nobody else wants). you should find a new table, or play during better hours, or at least find 1 or 2 good fish and follow them around snagging a seat for position.

08-27-2005 06:41 AM

Where are you playing? I've spent the last 5 weeks in the .50/1.00 beginner's tables at partypoker, I can easily find tables with a vp$ip of 45%+ there.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be kicked out of the garden of eden as of day 45...

BatsShadow 08-27-2005 07:22 AM

I guarantee if you started raising every pot you'd create a little more action.

08-27-2005 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Find a new table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or... go to another site until the bonus whores at paradise up and leave. They just recently came up with a bonus that a few are jumping on.

AussieBattler 08-27-2005 08:28 AM

excuse my "not playing party yet ignorance" but how do they define a beginners table at party

or to ask the question another way, whats to stop the sharks just playing and crushing the beginner tables?

from your post Im assuming there is some sort of restriction relating to first real money deposit...

08-27-2005 08:34 AM

if the tables are that tight, then raise every hand and pick up the blinds. you only need to make around 1.5 - 2bb/100.

08-27-2005 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
excuse my "not playing party yet ignorance" but how do they define a beginners table at party

or to ask the question another way, whats to stop the sharks just playing and crushing the beginner tables?

from your post Im assuming there is some sort of restriction relating to first real money deposit...

[/ QUOTE ]

Partypoker has beginners tables, .50/1.00, 1/2, 2/4, and 3/6, which you are only allowed to play at during the 45 days after you make your first deposit.

The .50/1.00 tables have the worst players that you will find online, I believe.

AussieBattler 08-27-2005 08:43 AM

thanks. Ill be sure to frequent when I graduate from stars nanos

BTW how are you going with mutlitabling these days? did that thread you posted prove useful?

DerFleischmeister 08-27-2005 08:57 AM

<----See Avatar For Answer.

If you must play at rock gardens, bludgeon them into giving you action. I don't know about Paradise, but if you can't find a loose .50/1 table at Party (especially in 6-max), you're not looking hard enough.

I will say this...the PP .50/1 full ring games HAVE tightened up some since the advent of 6-max.

08-27-2005 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks. Ill be sure to frequent when I graduate from stars nanos

BTW how are you going with mutlitabling these days? did that thread you posted prove useful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I gave up on multitabling and went back to playing one table at a time. I force myself (and it does take effort) to watch the hands I'm not in and try to get reads on other players. I really would like to play 2 tables at a time, but I know that if I did at this point, I would get no reads whatsoever on anyone and have to rely solely on pokertracker.