Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Phil Hellmuth -- Genius or completely oblivious ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323245)

08-26-2005 01:55 PM

Re: Phil Hellmuth -- Genius or completely oblivious ?

92, ok, he had top and bottom pair. Geez. Excuse me. I use that term a lot and just used it without thinking.

08-26-2005 06:07 PM

It was one of the worst laydowns ever.

I truly don't understand it. But I'm not Hellmuth.

Pot odds dictated a call with low pair on that board.

08-26-2005 06:43 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

DesertCat 08-26-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that Phils is the person with most Hold'em bracelets in the world. He will prolly be that for a while still, if ever beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, because he got his bracelets playing against 200 player fields, not 2000. He probably won't ever win another hold'em bracelet again.

blumpkin22 08-26-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was one of the worst laydowns ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy Reed what?

Arnfinn Madsen 08-26-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't mind me I'm just racking up nit points, but 92 is NEVER going to make top two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You who need to scam people to get 3 bucks, and then loses it at 2c/4c in 1 hour is not entitled to any opinion.

Quake1028 08-27-2005 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that Phils is the person with most Hold'em bracelets in the world. He will prolly be that for a while still, if ever beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, because he got his bracelets playing against 200 player fields, not 2000. He probably won't ever win another hold'em bracelet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some would argue winning 9 bracelets against 200 player top quality fields is more impressive than winning them in 2000 player fish-filled fields.

TheKnife 08-27-2005 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] chan and brunson for the win with 10 peace

Aceshigh7 08-27-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] chan and brunson for the win with 10 peace

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil still has the most hold'em bracelets. Some of Brunson's and Chan's came in other events.

08-27-2005 10:03 AM

I enyoy watching Phil on TV, but mainly like watching an accident you drive past. But who knows how much editing really goes into portraying a different personality on TV than in real life.