Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Hotel at Mandalay Bay (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321955)

AnyAce 08-24-2005 05:32 PM

Re: The Hotel at Mandalay Bay

I just spent 4 days at the Hotel last month with Mrs. AnyAce and it rocked. Rooms were extremely nice with granite and hardwood everywhere and 3 plasma screen TVs (one in bathroom, even). Fax machine and high speed internet were handy since I had to work a bit while I was there. Definitely one of the nicest rooms I've been in. We went picked our dates to coincide witha low rate (I think it was $179). Mrs AnyAce doesnt really gamble so a nice room/pool/spa is key.

That being said, I agree with the other posters. The poker room is mediocre and the hotel is not convenient to much. I didnt get much poker in.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, though I havent seen the Wynn's rooms.

Let us know how it goes.

AA

bravos1 08-24-2005 06:09 PM

My wife and I got back about a month ago. We stayed at the Venetian which was great! We had a nice 2 room suite for about $215 a night IIRC. The shopping is great (just ask my wife how nice Kenneth Cole was [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]), awesome spa with 50+ massage rooms (very reasonable prices), and the location was mid-strip. The only thing is that they don't have a poker room so you have to play else where.. I played mostly at the MGM and Bellagio.

wonderwes 08-24-2005 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We'll probably see a show and have a fancy dinner somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two shows I highly recommend.

1. Blue Man Group
- I think they just recently moved to venitian
- One of my favorite shows on the strip
2. Amazing Jonathan
- if you want to laugh go see him
- I would say take the brain child of OOT in humor, and that would be his act.

fluff 08-24-2005 06:30 PM

Two words: Topless Pool.

Luv2DriveTT 08-24-2005 06:48 PM

Because I see some poor answers here... The Hotel@ Mandalay Bay is the name of the new tower that is a separate entity from Mandalay Bay (although it is connected by a hallway). The Hotel was designed to copy the esthetic's of the Mercer Hotel in NYC, the place where Russel Crow recently went phone-ballistic on the front desk person. The Mercer is generally where most celebrities stay in NY (if they can afford the $450+ rates a night for long term stays), and trust me its fabulous.

If I had a choice between staying without consideration for gambling convenience at The Hotel, the Bellagio, or the Wynn I'd choose The Hotel - hands down its the best in it's class for a specific ty of consumer.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Amid Cent 08-24-2005 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

Was able to get $220/$150 for Saturday/Sunday from Orbitz.

I agree with you on the Blue Man Group, I may go again since the Wife hasn't seen it. We may also do O or one of the Cirque de Soleil thingies.

bravos1 08-24-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

Was able to get $220/$150 for Saturday/Sunday from Orbitz.

I agree with you on the Blue Man Group, I may go again since the Wife hasn't seen it. We may also do O or one of the Cirque de Soleil thingies.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, O is the best Cirque show out right now.

midas 08-25-2005 07:19 AM

Amid-

Was that a cheaper price than going direct to The Hotel?

I've never been able to beat the price that they quote booking 3-4 months in advance.

r2p 08-25-2005 09:55 AM

I stayed at the Hotel for 5 days in November so I can't comment about the pool but:

1) It is a young west coast type crowd that hangs out there.
2) Nice room but not great
3) I had an issue with my wife and a spa treatment that went very bad it was the worse handling of a customer issue I have ever seen ( I travel worldwide on business).
4) It is far away from everything if you like to take a walk.

My recommendation is go somewhere else for the $$$.

RichP