Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Picks to win NFL Divisions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319963)

08-24-2005 12:33 PM

Re: Picks to win NFL Divisions

NFC North is Vikings or Lions for sure.

Packers were pretty bad last year and they only got worse.

Bears I like but were in a rebuilding situation anyways, it sucks though considering grossman is out.

Detroit is a pretty underated team, Kevin Jones is going to have a great season, I think. They have great young receivers obviously but a less than average QB and a decent at best Defense worries me.

Minnesota has a worse offense then last year because of moss of course, but last year they had Jimmy Kleinsasser out who is a great addition to their offense, they also have a much better defense as we know, better than average to say the least.

Sluss 08-24-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they also have a much better defense as we know, better than average to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sold on the Viking's defense.

I never thought Smoot was good. He's flashy, comes up with some picks, but has never been a good cover man. Just because he acts like Deion doesn't mean he can cover like him. Winfield is a good physical corner, of course all of the rules hurt physical corners.

Their D line was improved last year. Johnstone and Williams were good. James has looked a little overmatched this preseason. I wouldn't say they are even top ten in the league.

I'm not sure when I missed Napoleon Harris becoming a top five linebacker. But, acording to everyone singing this defenses praises he was the Ray Lewis of the West Coast. EJ Henderson has always been a tackle machine and should get his fair share, but he has never been a real playmaker.

All and all I think their defense will be better, it can't be much worse. I just don't see the Purple People Eaters out there.

08-25-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have a mediocre schedule with some tough home games against Baltimore, Atlanta and Arizona .

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot be serious.

P.S. Go Pack Go!

08-26-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They have a mediocre schedule with some tough home games against Baltimore, Atlanta and Arizona .

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot be serious.

P.S. Go Pack Go!

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you haven't noticed AZ is definetaly the "sexy" pick of the media. They have improved dramattically over the last 2 years.

Sluss 08-26-2005 04:47 PM

Meh, after watching Arizona's first two preseason games I don't feel as confident that they will be posing a tough game for anyone. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Arrington has some fumblitis and Warner looks like the Kurt Warner of old. Of course by old I mean the scared QB that had happy feet and rushed every pass.

Bizarro George 08-28-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NFC North
I have the Panthers going to the Super Bowl. Delhomme is underrated (2004: 3886 yds, 29 TDs, 15 INTs ... this after Steve Smith missed most of the season), DeShaun Foster is back healthy and their D is nasty. Also remember that the Falcons have NEVER had back-to-back winning seasons in the franchises history.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does Atlanta never having back-to-back winning seasons have to do with anything. Last I checked, those old teams aren't playing for Atlanta. And if you want a more relevant stat, consider that Carolina has never beaten Vick.

McGahee 08-31-2005 08:24 AM

I hate siding with popular opinion, but I really like Minnesota in the NFC North. They should be vastly improved defensively.
I was kinda looking forward to betting against the Packers for most of the season - ya know - thinking that they'd be last year's Titans and that the oddsmakers would give them too much respect for the first 2 months of the season. But then I was unpleasantly surprised to see that they're underdogs in Detroit Week 1 - so I guess most people are in agreement.