Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Do you want to beat your Dad up ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318466)

SammyKid11 08-19-2005 05:48 AM

Re: Do you want to beat your Dad up ?

There is a time when I would have answered yes to this. My dad's a local celebrity in Houston...and while I was in JH and HS he was a raging alcoholic who wasn't good for [censored]. Since I went off to college several years back, he got in recovery and now I wouldn't trade a single day with him.

Condolences to the guy who lost his Dad...while I'm hoping I outlive mine, I am dreading the day I have to deal with that pain.

BusterStacks 08-19-2005 07:39 AM

my dad's life is his own punishment.

jakethebake 08-19-2005 07:44 AM

I remember the exact moment i realized I wasn't scared of my father anymore. But I didn't want to beat him up then, and I was actually a little sad about it. I certainly don't now.

jakethebake 08-19-2005 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a time when I would have answered yes to this. My dad's a local celebrity in Houston...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not Mattress Mac is he? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have no idea why he came to mind. I also considered listing all the local newsmen there that everyone knows were alcoholics but I don't really want to know. Glad he's clean now.

craig r 08-19-2005 07:50 AM

Wow, my dad is an alcoholic also and lives in Houston. He isn't Mattress Mac though. But, speaking of the Mac man, he had to come to my shcool when I was a kid as part of his probation and tell us to keep the "monkey off my back". It worked wonders. 4 years later I was dropping acid left and right.

craig

LSUfan1 08-19-2005 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My dad passed a couple of years ago at 48 with 4 of my siblings living at home after a 9 month battle with cancer. No I do not want to beat him up. I would give up most of the things I enjoy in order to be able to get his wisdom on various things in my life.

The only correct answer for me is NO.

[/ QUOTE ]

One day, all of the under 25 crowd in here will grow up and realize that their parents knew a lot more than they thought. Once this happens the answers to this post will drastically change!

For those with abusive fathers....continue to feel the way you do!

zoomOut 08-19-2005 08:42 AM

wtf??....

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know where my Dad is but he has to be about 64 or so. I think I could take him. I'm positive I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are breaking my heart [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to beat my dad up with a the end of a door knob handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or is this messed up? (if you're just kidding continue on)

vulturesrow 08-19-2005 09:03 AM

No, I stopped caring that much a long time ago. I talk to my dad once every few months or so and I havent talked to my stepdad (who I always considered my "real father") in almost a year.

zoomOut 08-19-2005 09:12 AM

why? Why don't you call your stepdad (is it just apathy or distance or what)?

I don't get parents that don't want to stay in touch with their kids. They have to have a self-centered brain-wiring thing going on there. Like a character flaw.

mslif 08-19-2005 09:17 AM

My dad is an ex-Rugby player so my answer is no. He could beat the living crap out of me.