Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $11's 7 hands from last night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316351)

Dr_Jeckyl_00 08-16-2005 02:17 PM

Re: $11\'s 7 hands from last night

thanks for the feedback...

Should I always make a continuation bet? Occasionally? Only if in late position... please discuss successful continuation bet strategy... afterall I don't want to lose my stack

Although I understand that I should have pushed K9 from SB pf

Scuba Chuck 08-16-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice Scuba.

Both you and 45s don't like AJ. I asked 45s, but want to make sure to get feedback from you too, what hands should I be playing besides the obvious AA-QQ and AK?

What is broadway?

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Broadway is K-T cards.

While learning to play $11 sit n go's, the hands you just described are ideal for the first 2 levels. And I tighten up on Level 3 (meaning I don't play pocket pairs below 88, and I play 99 with decent position), and then begin to loosen up on Level 5 (or so, depending on number of remaining players, and size of my stack).

CatfishKing 08-16-2005 02:26 PM

I rarely ever play AJ in levle 1-2 on party, the times i do, they're either suited or i have position. I would also rarely raise with it and theres no way im calling a raise. Basically if I wanted to play AJ or KQ i would just limp them and play for a small pot. However, when the game becomes shorthanded AJ becomes a powerhouse hand.

Scuba Chuck 08-16-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the feedback...

Should I always make a continuation bet? Occasionally? Only if in late position... please discuss successful continuation bet strategy... afterall I don't want to lose my stack

Although I understand that I should have pushed K9 from SB pf

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, a call here by BB should suggest decent holdings (like KJ, QJ, KT, etc.) BB's call here is really atrocious. So a flop that is conducive to a continuation bet is one that is say ten high, or has one face card. If the flop is QJ2, this is a little tougher. Unfortunately, this can go wrong quickly for you. Meaning that you could go on a streak of bad continuation bets.

Furthermore, considering shorty's stack, a continuation bet of 100 should be the right amount to do the job.

08-16-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, considering shorty's stack, a continuation bet of 100 should be the right amount to do the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a good idea. Are you merely trying to incite an all-in from him, or are you hoping he'll let go of a t600 pot from a t100 bet? I don't understand why you wouldn't put him the rest of the way in. If he has you beat and goes over the top of you, you're going to call anyway, and if he just calls, you're giving him odds to draw.

skirtus 08-16-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for more great advice. Both you and Scuba say that AJ is garbage. So what hands do I play besides the obvious AA-QQ and AK? I play all pocket pairs looking to hit a set (1-3xbb bet) and fold when missed... unless my pp is an over pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some good success at the 10's playing very tight early on. Probably even too tight at times. Im just starting to open up with AQ and JJ and the occasionally big suited broadway in LP.

bawcerelli 08-16-2005 09:01 PM

hand 1 - i think you played this a bit wonkishly. from what you say you were trying to make him think you had a king. if you really did have a king, wouldn't you just smooth call the turn? i think you should fold this preflop

hand 2 - good all in call with blinds creeping up on you. at 10 + 1 many times you're ahead and if not as in the case of 77, a coinflip isn't that bad.

hand 3 - fold preflop.

hand 4 - bad spot to go all in. villian put 1/3 of his chips in, he's not gonna fold. unless you have a read on him that he would fold, you gotta let this hand go. you get some points for being aggressive, but you should wait for a better spot.

hand 5 - muck it on the flop. or if you're feeling randy throw a huge checkraise or allin on the flop. but you should just muck.

hand 6 - this sucks. K9o is a little sketchy to be getting involved with stealing blinds against two players, one of whom is a shortstack. since you did, and shortstack called, either put him all in on the flop, or check fold, choosing which option is right depending on your read of him and your table image.

hand 7 - this hand is disgusting. fold preflop. you could easily be reraised by players to act after you. next, you go all in with a single suited flop? very bad play.
hand 7 -

Scuba Chuck 08-16-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a good idea. Are you merely trying to incite an all-in from him, or are you hoping he'll let go of a t600 pot from a t100 bet? I don't understand why you wouldn't put him the rest of the way in. If he has you beat and goes over the top of you, you're going to call anyway, and if he just calls, you're giving him odds to draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should try this. With the remaining size of his stack, he's not moving the remainder of his stack in unless he hits the board. When he does move in, you can decide then if you want to try and draw for the additional chips. Betting more does not accomplish anything additional.

tigerite 08-17-2005 07:54 AM

Hand 1 AJo Fancy Play Syndrome. Fold/limp preflop.

Hand 2 AKs Standard

Hand 3 AJo Fold preflop

Hand 4 J9o WTF? See #1
Hand 5 82d Fold on flop
Hand 6 K9o Whilst I don't hate it, I'd cont-bet the flop
Hand 7 77 Fold on flop