Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Most Graphic Thing You've Ever Seen In Real Life (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315521)

kenberman 08-15-2005 10:19 AM

Re: Most Graphic Thing You\'ve Ever Seen In Real Life

I saw 2 dogs chase a cat around, and push it off a 200 yard high rocky cliff, killing the cat.

These were all wild animals (in Greece). This wasn't esspecially graphic, b/c I didn't see where the cat ended up splattering, but it was still pretty crazy to watch the hunt and kill.

jakethebake 08-15-2005 10:20 AM

Mostly stuff in combat. The grossest was probably a body that had been decomposing in a truck in the desert for a couple of weeks before we found it.

The weirdest was "Lou" the dead Iraqi that some guys from "Graves Registration" propped up in a chair to play a "dead hand" when we only had three for Spades.

Patrick del Poker Grande 08-15-2005 10:22 AM

Since I grew up in Northern WI, the most graphic things I've ever seen all involve a deer either getting shot by a .30-06 in the face or some leg/back bone or getting hit by a car/truck on the highway.

djoyce003 08-15-2005 10:22 AM

I saw a lady get decapitated when she drove her car under the trailer of an 18 wheeler.

TheCroShow 08-15-2005 10:23 AM

internet? watching animals get skinned alive...why did i watch it?? NO FREAKIN IDEA!! EWW. Another was lions eating a tourist, messed up 70s video...what was i thinking???

in person? when i was a little kid, i saw 2 dogs bite the xxxx out of a little girl. scared the hell out of me, there was blood and everything!

cadillac1234 08-15-2005 10:32 AM

I was a paramedic for 10 years in Oakland, Ca and I think I've seen just about every way a person could die.

Aside from the grossness factor the whole surreal aspect of a truly chaotic scene is what sticks with me the most. Coming up on a mutli-casualty scene with victims spread out all over the place and bystanders going nuts gets you into information overload pretty quickly.

I'd have to say the Oakland Hills Fire was probably top of the list of total chaos.

TheCroShow 08-15-2005 10:34 AM

ah yes, paramedics see some messed up stuff! my friend's parents were paramedics and he would share stories with us. *shudder's at the thought*

Randy_Refeld 08-15-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing i saw that i doubt i'll ever forget is a man holding a press conference saying something to the effect of "i apologize and i hope you will not hold this against my family" then hands out letters of apology to like 5 people, then opens his briefcase, pulls out a very large handgun, says, you should leave if this will offend you (people scream "no, please don't do it") and shoots himself in the head. he falls down like a motionless sack and gushes blood for about 10 seconds, cameras running all the while.

the documentary showed the news report and then the actual video.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this "live" on TV. I was about 13 or 14 and this was on satellite. I forget what office he held but it was in PA (for some reason I am thinking he may have been attorney general or some sort of law enforcement).

PTjvs 08-15-2005 11:09 AM

On the little boat tour at Niagra Falls with my wife, the body of some guy who had jumped off the Niagra bridge surfaced. The tour guide tried to play it off like it was a mannequin or something, Im not sure anyone else on the boat even saw it. The police showed up right away though. Apparently they get a ton of jumpers off that bridge.

jvs

mslif 08-15-2005 11:10 AM

I was an intern in a hospital for almost a year. One of my rotation was in the burn unit at jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. Burnt patient are one of the worst things I have ever seen. Scrapping their wounds/burns everyday and make them bleed is just horrifying.