Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bulking Up (Getting Ripped Before School) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313739)

KaneKungFu123 08-12-2005 01:08 PM

Re: Bulking Up (Getting Ripped Before School)

the junior class girls of winslow high better look out! street fighter is in da hosue!

jakethebake 08-12-2005 01:11 PM

Here's what you do. STOP doing arm exercises entirely. Then start doing Bench Press, Deadlift and Squats. Do 5 sets of five at a weight somewhat less than what you could do to failure. Do this three times a week.

These are big compound exercises that work your whoile body. Doing squats for the legs isn't the point. The point is to stimulate growth throughout your body. You will NOT get big w/o doing the compound exercises.

lastsamurai 08-12-2005 01:13 PM

Go on google search and look up "sup bro workouts"

seriously... Go on a regiment. I use the take suppliments but they started giving me migraine headaches. Give yourself goals ( like benching 200 in 3 months ect...)

swede123 08-12-2005 01:13 PM

Just be careful when starting with the "advanced" stuff Jake is talking about. You really want someone with you who can show you how to do these exercises correctly. Doing deadlifts to failure w/o knowing what you're doing is a good way to screw up your back in a bad way.

Swede

Laomedon 08-12-2005 01:14 PM

Holy [censored], you're 6'2" and you weigh 150!? Start eating some [censored] hamburgers and milkshakes right quick.

touchfaith 08-12-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Need some advice from the Ootsters. I'm trying to put on some muscle mass before school starts. I wouldn't mind some fat either - just hopefully more muscle than fat. I'm currently going to the Gym 3 times a week and working the arms mostly.

What supplements should I be taking to further enhance this? Any suggestions or past experiences would be extremely helpful. I'm currently 6'2 150 lbs and would like to try and be 160-165 by the end of the month. Is this unreasonable?

Thanks in advance

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Street Fighter [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too! I'm 5'10"/135 and need to put on some extra poundage so I can bag some hottie forum chicks!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

08-12-2005 01:15 PM

I'm not aspiring to be all county '95. That's just way out of my league.

08-12-2005 01:15 PM

Well, if you want to get fat you can: play something ( which I will not mention) all day; eat at buffets for every meal, and drink lots of beer and eat chicken wings like they're going out of style.

Just my 2 cents.

MHarris 08-12-2005 01:18 PM

If you really want to add mass, put more effort into your chest and back. Do heavy decline presses, incline presses, and bent-over rows, and get some lat pulldowns and seated rows in too. Diet-wise, try to take in at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight every day. 12-15 pounds in a month is a little unreasonable, but is pretty attainable in 2-2 1/2 months.

RunDownHouse 08-12-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not into impressing a bunch of sweaty guys. I'm more concerned with improving my self image and feeling good. I don't work out for other people at the gym.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I meant to say that, by and large, the guys that look like douchebags in the weight room actually are douchebags.

Make sure you wipe your hair "product" off the bench after you use it, too.