Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   30/60 party anotther QQ pf decison (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313358)

slavic 08-12-2005 12:59 PM

Re: 30/60 party anotther QQ pf decison

Interesting situation. My gut says fold, my "gambol" says go babby go.

In the 30 game many players are a little looser with the 3 bet than they open with, but that 4th but from a non-maniac would stop me with JJ, is QQ any better? It's likely your break even to horribly dominated. With a significant tinge to horribly dominated.

danzasmack 08-12-2005 02:01 PM

was it sooted?

sorry.

phish 08-12-2005 04:44 PM

who cares? like it matters

lil feller 08-12-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a pot this big our implied odds will be through the roof.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that, especially assuming the range of hand we are likely against. The problem I see, however, is how much it costs us when you don't flop top set. Or end up with it on the river. This has to account for something.

lf

Lestat 08-12-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can play for a set profitably here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think this is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Assuming UTG and UTG+1 call the raise, hero is getting over 4 to 1 to call 4 cold. With this kind of pre-flop action, you don't think a set of queens can make enough money?

jason_t 08-12-2005 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares? like it matters

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasoning that Hero develops in thinking about this situation will help him in many other preflop decisions. Yes, this exact situation won't come up for Hero for the next ten billion years but similar ones may and now he will be equipped to handle them.

SoBeDude 08-12-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Assuming UTG and UTG+1 call the raise, hero is getting over 4 to 1 to call 4 cold. With this kind of pre-flop action, you don't think a set of queens can make enough money?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

See my reply for the math breakdown.

-Scott

MrTeddyKGB 08-12-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So a minimum of 14 Bigs need to fly off the stacks of your opponents, which doesn't seem feasable given 2 of your opponents are rocks, and UTG might fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will already be 8 big bets in the pot pre-flop. Only need 6 more.

slavic 08-12-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

See my reply for the math breakdown.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually a little worse than Scott shows. You are not guaranteed to get those early calls, and the rock has already likely killed the action.

slavic 08-12-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So a minimum of 14 Bigs need to fly off the stacks of your opponents, which doesn't seem feasable given 2 of your opponents are rocks, and UTG might fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will already be 8 big bets in the pot pre-flop. Only need 6 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need more than 6 more because there are times that you hit your set and lose.