Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hi my name is Juggla and I'm a Multi-Table Player (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312613)

juggla 08-11-2005 02:04 AM

Re: Hi my name is Juggla and I\'m a Multi-Table Player

That is not a problem for me. I use Poker office so I always know my opponite. I know who to play stong and who to back off from!

-Juggla

juggla 08-11-2005 02:07 AM

Anyone have a link to Post that tell you how to do 8-Table? I looked in search but found nothing.
Thanks for the help.

08-11-2005 02:09 AM

An interesting and informative discussion coupled with some of the worst spelling on the planet. Education and entertainment; what more could you hope for?

08-11-2005 02:14 AM

I don't believe a winning player needs such a huge bankroll. You should have about 15-20x the buyin but you don't really need to apply that to each table. I doubt you'll ever be in a situation where you'll lose your buy in at all your tables at the same time.

I have about 100k hands six tabling $50NL, and my largest swing was about $150, that happened once. Normally i'm up enough at other tables to make lost buyins break even for me.

mattw 08-11-2005 02:18 AM

hi juggla:

just a few quick thoughts. first bankroll does not need to go up with the addition of more tables. playing 4 tables for an hour is the same as playing 8 for 1/2 hr, or playing one for 4 hours, make sense?

secondly, do you remember how you progressed from one table to four? i assume you did it gradually. at first the addition of that extra table was difficult but became easier the more you did. using this method is how one goes from 4 tables to 8. this is assuming you have 2 monitors that do the 1600x1200 resolution. when i had one monitor that couldnt do the 16x12, i worked up to six tables on it with severe overlap. i though no big deal. i kick myself in the butt for not getting two 16x12 sooner.

if you search for 8-tabling, i would think you will get some hits.

mattw 08-11-2005 02:22 AM

is this a poker site or my 6th grade english teacher's blog? ever hear of typo's? i keep looking for the spell checker here, someday i will find it.

08-11-2005 02:25 AM

Some day, if you're lucky, you might discover the Shift key too.

amoeba 08-11-2005 02:31 AM

you just said a bad beat one one table but you might be good on another table

in general I find variance to be lower when I multitable.
I dont think you need that big of a roll.

mattw 08-11-2005 02:41 AM

its brokE.

Macquarie 08-11-2005 03:01 AM

Of course I use GT+ too. I still believe that you will improve more quicky, and will reach a higher level, by watching fewer tables more carefully. There is so much style difference between players that is not covered by just vpip/prf/aggr and other easily accessible stats.

Hope my speling is OK.