Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Andy Ried Kicks TO out of Practice (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312275)

holeplug 08-10-2005 05:53 PM

Re: Andy Ried Kicks TO out of Practice

[ QUOTE ]
T.O. is the man. The Eagles will be mediocre without him. It's pretty clear to me that the Eagles ownership has very little interest in putting a championship caliber team on the field. They just want to fill up the stadium and pay as little as possble to field a team. I mean they still havn't cut Todd Stinkton for cryin out loud!

[/ QUOTE ]

They made it to the NFC championship game 3 years in a row without him...and he was out for the NFC playoffs last year and the Eagles still easily won both those games.

Boris 08-10-2005 05:57 PM

that's because the NFC SUCKS!!! Do you think the Eagles would've had a prayer in the super bowl last year w/o TO?

Sluss 08-10-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to ESPN (the tv station, not the website), it is unclear at this time if reid told him to leave or he left on his own accord.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comcast just had an interview with T.O. from his house. Man is this guy a douche. They did confirm that Reid told him to leave and he is susspended from the team for a week. This also allows a special fine that is in T.O.'s contract for a $1.9 million return from his signing bonus. I don't think T.O. knows this.

billyjex 08-10-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TO is the biggest douchebag in pro sports

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep he beats Bonds by a hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

bonds was always a good teammate. He loved the Giants because of his family history and it's his home. TO is a douchebag who thinks nothing of anyone but himself.

TO is honestly an embarresment to mankind.

ThaSaltCracka 08-10-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the biggest douche in sports I'd have to go with Larry Brown or Rafael Pamliero.

[/ QUOTE ] good call, especially w/ Brown.

benfranklin 08-10-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to ESPN (the tv station, not the website), it is unclear at this time if reid told him to leave or he left on his own accord.

[/ QUOTE ]

Latest story is that Reid sent him home.
Here.

So I guess now T.O. stands for Time Out.

Loved this one:

[ QUOTE ]
Owens also skipped a scheduled autograph session with the rest of the Eagles' receivers after practice.

``He was unable to attend because he was injured,'' Etheredge said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess with that injury, he couldn't reach the pen in his sock.

sublime 08-10-2005 06:20 PM

It's pretty clear to me that the Eagles ownership has very little interest in putting a championship caliber team on the field.

based on what exactly?

nolanfan34 08-10-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty clear to me that the Eagles ownership has very little interest in putting a championship caliber team on the field.

based on what exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe you were being sarcastic and I missed it Boris, but I disagree. I'd say signing TO to a 6 year (7 year?) $40+ million contract LAST year was a sign they want to win.

I have no patience at all for guys like TO who sign a contract like that, then want to holdout. I'll give a bit more leniency to guys who bust out as rookies and are making near the minimum, but that's not that case here.

DemonDeac 08-10-2005 06:36 PM

we need TO. right now, our #1 WR is Greg Lewis. now he's GONNNA be good, but he cant be a #1. we can't win a Super Bowl without a premiere WR.

if we dont have TO, we need to trade for one

benfranklin 08-10-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where are all the TO defenders now? I know they were everywhere when everyone was discussing TO vs. Moss. I, for one, never liked that jerkoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always felt that Moss was just a immature kid, totally oblivious to the rest of the world. TO impresses me as being much more aware of reality, and deliberately manipulative and self-serving.

You want to give Randy a kick in the butt to get him to focus. You want to give TO a kick in the gonads, just on general principle.