Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   If you are out of chips in mid hand- can cash play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310424)

Easy E 08-08-2005 04:28 PM

Re: If you are out of chips in mid hand- can cash play?

You have 400 posts and you don't know about table stakes?

What games have you been playing in live?

08-08-2005 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you pull out cash at the beginning of a hand and request chips from the dealer, you are said to be "playing behind". You simply state which bets/raises you want to make or call and when your chips arrive, the dealer will sort it out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the case in ontario, but in vegas your cash goes into the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank for pointing out the distinction. Does this happen a lot in Vegas? I'll be there this week to pop my Vegas cherry.

celticGreen 08-08-2005 10:52 PM

Sorry for being slightly OT, but to add to the list, Foxwoods does now only allow $100's to play on the table. I felt stupid last week, as I had known this but still gave the guy next to me 2 $50's for chips and as soon as he put them behind his stack the dealer mentioned they wouldn't play & he'd need to buy chips.

Hellmouth 08-09-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have 400 posts and you don't know about table stakes?

What games have you been playing in live?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Ive only played about a dozen times live but I guess I never really had to rebuy, so it wasn't an issue. Its nice to win [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, like I said before, I mainly play online so I know the rules there and was just curious if they translated to a B+M.

Greg

Ghazban 08-09-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for being slightly OT, but to add to the list, Foxwoods does now only allow $100's to play on the table. I felt stupid last week, as I had known this but still gave the guy next to me 2 $50's for chips and as soon as he put them behind his stack the dealer mentioned they wouldn't play & he'd need to buy chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This rule is a good one; too bad the dealers often don't know about it and/or don't enforce it. I see people in the $100 max 1/2 NL game buying/selling chips for $20s all the time and I always have to be the one to speak up and make sure they get the low denominations converted to chips. I'd be really pissed if I got all-in with the best hand against somebody I had covered and lost $200 because it was in a lousy stack of 20s.

Al_Capone_Junior 08-09-2005 01:18 PM

Dealers are supposed to enforce the max buy-in policy. Keeping extra chips on the table isn't allowed, they are supposed to keep them elsewhere.

We added to the FAQ to include table stakes. We're going to edit / consolidate it in the near future to make it more readable and concise.

al

celticGreen 08-09-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This rule is a good one;

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed -- It was always annoying having someone at the table /w huge wads of bills.

shu4040 08-09-2005 11:53 PM

in AC, not once, but TWICE this weekend, i saw people buy in mid hand. once at the showboat and once at ballys. I said something at showboat and got scolded by the dealer b/c i wasn't in the hand. it was really odd.