Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Interesting hand from my session today (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310009)

colgin 08-08-2005 11:07 AM

Re: Interesting hand from my session today

[ QUOTE ]
How is my river bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard.

[ QUOTE ]
What is my plan if he raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. He will cap with a flush and you will have to pay off since he may well cap with a worse set as well.

wheelz 08-08-2005 11:11 AM

Oops I didn't even notice the straight, wouldn't this guy likely guy raise the flop with an OESD though?

CIncyHR 08-08-2005 11:17 AM

I think its close between call and raise. If you dont think he caps with the draw raise it up.

baronzeus 08-08-2005 11:36 AM

It was 5c6c. Maybe I should have just called a raise, but I felt like he'd play 33 and 44 the exact same way here, and he'd only play 56s so there were only 4 possibilities of that hand. Oh well. Slightly overplayed but I'll survive

Your Mom 08-08-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was 5c6c. Maybe I should have just called a raise, but I felt like he'd play 33 and 44 the exact same way here, and he'd only play 56s so there were only 4 possibilities of that hand. Oh well. Slightly overplayed but I'll survive

[/ QUOTE ]

I hand read goot. That being so, I bet call the river too.

ALL1N 08-08-2005 10:32 PM

To those who said bet-call the river.

To those who said bet-call the river.

Unless I think the opponent is prone to check behind on this river (which baronzeus gave us no reason to infer), I much prefer checking this one. In fact, I'll do this whether intending on checkraising or checkcalling. I'm just sure that I dislike betting.

If our opponent will bet the river for us with a worse hand, then why bet if we only intend on calling a raise? Checkcalling still extracts the one bet when ahead, without the risk of putting in 2.

Or, if I feel good enough about my hand to bet (ie. think I'm ahead more than ~60%), then why not CR? Surely 2 bets with the risk of 3 is better than 1 with the risk of 2. Theres a few factors that skew this equation, such as whether the opponent will misplay (call when ahead or reraise when behind), but in general I'm not a fan of the "I'd hate to put in 3 bets here, so I'll sacrifice the value of the CR."

Of course, betting with the intention of 3-betting is a valid line too.

felson 08-08-2005 10:35 PM

If he raises, I just call. You've put a lot of heat on him already. It looks like the turn helped him, and you've tied up most of the sevens. If he picked up a flush draw on the turn, he just got there.

baronzeus 08-08-2005 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he raises, I just call. You've put a lot of heat on him already. It looks like the turn helped him, and you've tied up most of the sevens. If he picked up a flush draw on the turn, he just got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

He really enjoyed waiting to raise/bluff raise turns from what I recall, but since I was probably only good about 60% of the time after he raised my bet I should have just called instead of capping. Oh well it was just a weird hand on a bad day, I may have lost 0.01BB in EV, but I'll live.