Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Good vs Bad In Multi Way Pots (Starting Hands) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308335)

punter11235 08-05-2005 02:14 PM

Re: Good vs Bad In Multi Way Pots (Starting Hands)

[ QUOTE ]
My view is that you are wasting EV on these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree. The more callers the better because if I flop A or K they dont take much of my equity and certainly not more than part of money they contributed.
What is even more important in SSNL the more callers the greater a chance that there is KQ or AQ (or even KJ , A10) crap around and I will win decent pot while outkicking somebody.

Best wishes !

gulebjorn 08-05-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree. The more callers the better because if I flop A or K they dont take much of my equity and certainly not more than part of money they contributed.
What is even more important in SSNL the more callers the greater a chance that there is KQ or AQ (or even KJ , A10) crap around and I will win decent pot while outkicking somebody.

Best wishes !

[/ QUOTE ]

You are simply wrong and this really isn't open to debate as far as I'm concerned. Not to be rude, but there simply is nothing you can say that would convince me to play those hands in multiway pots.

I'll give you one example to get started, there are more to be found all over these forums.
swolfe plays AKo

gulebjorn 08-05-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best wishes !

[/ QUOTE ]

You are simply wrong and this really isn't open to debate as far as I'm concerned. Not to be rude, but there simply is nothing you can say that would convince me to play those hands in multiway pots.

I'll give you one example to get started, there are more to be found all over these forums.
swolfe plays AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even read the entire thread. Apparently, you posted in it that you loved swolfe's line. You strange poka playa.

directscooter 08-05-2005 02:48 PM

Of course, playing any hand multi way, or HU doesn't matter as much as getting a read on your opponent, etc. I would also agree that AQ, KQos, etc are hands I do not want to play multi way, but whatever works.

gulebjorn 08-05-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, playing any hand multi way, or HU doesn't matter as much as getting a read on your opponent, etc. I would also agree that AQ, KQos, etc are hands I do not want to play multi way, but whatever works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think these type of things are more important than reads. A read could tell you when to deviate from your standard line, or could make a judgement call easier. You probably could play winning poker without any reads at all. But you absolutely need a standard strategy, and understanding of the underlying concepts.

jedi 08-05-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best wishes !

[/ QUOTE ]

swolfe plays AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd rather win pots or money?

gulebjorn 08-05-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best wishes !

[/ QUOTE ]

swolfe plays AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd rather win pots or money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you're getting at...

swolfe 08-05-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

swolfe plays AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even read the entire thread. Apparently, you posted in it that you loved swolfe's line. You strange poka playa.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

AK is a weird hand. i either want to be up against 1 player or all of them...

gulebjorn 08-05-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

swolfe plays AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

AK is a weird hand. i either want to be up against 1 player or all of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but you're not gonna tell me that it's a good idea to limp on the button after 5 limpers, right?

And I assume that if you are in fact up against all of them, you're no longer playing AK for top pair value?

swolfe 08-05-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, but you're not gonna tell me that it's a good idea to limp on the button after 5 limpers, right?

[/ QUOTE ]never

[ QUOTE ]
And I assume that if you are in fact up against all of them, you're no longer playing AK for top pair value?

[/ QUOTE ]correct