Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Color by numbers: It's gonna be a looooooong ride... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307093)

Entity 08-03-2005 07:38 PM

Zed\'s dead, baby. Zed\'s dead.

Ok. So the flop was kinda easy I think I called two, UTG 3-bet, and MP capped. I called two more. Woo. Now we get the fun stuff.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero...

tongni 08-03-2005 07:40 PM

Re: Zed\'s dead, baby. Zed\'s dead.

Lead the flop, you have a decent amount of equity. Fold the turn.

Alobar 08-03-2005 07:45 PM

Dude, thats just not even right, what kinda ugly board is that? Didnt you listen to anyone here, they told you to hit a club, not pair the board [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] given the action I think you can fold.

p.s. I would have led the flop

Entity 08-03-2005 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead the flop, you have a decent amount of equity. Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of situations where I don't have a decent amount of equity. Consider me not convinced by your blanket statement that "I have lots of equity."

Rob

Cancuk 08-03-2005 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. So the flop was kinda easy I think I called two, UTG 3-bet, and MP capped. I called two more. Woo. Now we get the fun stuff.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

folds.

cold_cash 08-03-2005 08:13 PM

It's possible you're drawing live against a smaller flush from MP, but I think the possibility of drawing dead to UTG is even more prominent.

HE could have KK, JJ, or AA w/ a club pretty easily, and it's gonna be spendy if he does.

Also, if you make your hand you can't be too pumped about a lot of river action.

It sucks, but I'd fold it.

JKDStudent 08-03-2005 08:27 PM

Re: Color by numbers: It\'s gonna be a looooooong ride...

I call and call. The flop call because we have outs to the second nuts and an out to the nuts.

The turn, I call again. We're getting ~10:1. We're only drawing dead to KK and JJ. Provided we're not up against one of those, a Queen wins it for us. That give us two outs. Even discounting the clubs, I think we can squeeze another two outs out of it to make this call.

Also, river a Queen. It makes life easier.

Entity 08-03-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, thats just not even right, what kinda ugly board is that? Didnt you listen to anyone here, they told you to hit a club, not pair the board [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] given the action I think you can fold.

p.s. I would have led the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you lead the flop. His hand range is JJ+, AK, and I'm ahead to none of those. I'm just curious why we lead here when we can be almost certain we're getting raised by UTG, and when a bet-raise surely won't fold the only hand with outs that I'm concerned about here (the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

Rob

Oilcan 08-03-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible you're drawing live against a smaller flush from MP, but I think the possibility of drawing dead to UTG is even more prominent.

HE could have KK, JJ, or AA w/ a club pretty easily, and it's gonna be spendy if he does.

Also, if you make your hand you can't be too pumped about a lot of river action.

It sucks, but I'd fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. It looks like its going to cost you 4 bb here on the turn, then even if the club drops on the river then how many more?.

When 2 passives get into a raising war in a situation like this I let go.

btw - this is great hand for discussion, good pick.

regards

tizim 08-03-2005 09:36 PM

I don't get it either. The flop lead makes no sense to me. Explanation??