Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why do you stay married? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306937)

codewarrior 08-03-2005 03:59 PM

Re: Various reasons

LOL, mortals... I'll let the tax chick chime in on this one.

Indiana 08-03-2005 04:11 PM

what about u jake? much harder to stay married down there than here in the cornfield. dude, last time in was in SOBE I had 4 different girlfriends in the same day. Woulda had more but they all broke me going shopping in that place...uh....what's it called, over there where the chesecake factory is...cant remember.

Indy

Indiana 08-03-2005 04:12 PM

oh yah, coconut grove.

Indy

08-03-2005 04:17 PM

Re: Why do you stay married?

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/112...ss3anim5uz.gif

To my son - I tell him I will see him again soon. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. To my wife... that is not your business.

PocketJokers72 08-03-2005 04:44 PM

Married 12+ years...

Cheaper to keep'er...

I like my kids.

I want to see them more than every other weekend.

Lawyers are ------EV.

Wives are -PV with positive variance that is just barely enough not to make your head asplode.

There are better things than sex in this world...I just haven't found them yet. PM me if you know where to look.

Indiana 08-03-2005 04:50 PM

Things better than sex? Final Tables.

Indy

jakethebake 08-03-2005 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about u jake?

[/ QUOTE ]

This Father's Day my wife and kids made me a card. It said:

[ QUOTE ]
You are without a doubt the very best daddy ever! You are a wonderful husband, a great best friend, an awesome playmate, an excellent jungle gym, a perfect role model. We love you so much. We are soo lucky to have you in our lives. You deserve the best father's day ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good enough?

CCass 08-03-2005 10:22 PM

15 years and counting.

1 - My wife is my best friend. I can't imagine not talking to her every day.

2 - I know about all of her imperfections, I don't want to invest the time and effort into learning someone elses.

3 - She is the mother of my children, and for that she deserves a great deal of respect.

4 - I am old fashioned, and 15 years ago I stood up in front of a bunch of people and said "till death do us part". I meant it then, and still do.

newfant 08-03-2005 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does marriage make a man gay?

nolanfan34 08-03-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

2 - I know about all of her imperfections, I don't want to invest the time and effort into learning someone elses.

3 - She is the mother of my children, and for that she deserves a great deal of respect.

4 - I am old fashioned, and 15 years ago I stood up in front of a bunch of people and said "till death do us part". I meant it then, and still do.

[/ QUOTE ]

CCass is a stand up guy.

For me it boils down to one main thing - I feel fortunate to have found someone who seemingly is prepared to put up with living with me for the rest of her life. That's no small task. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, when you find a good woman, it's a great thing. I mean, she's the one who graduated this year and said "yes, let's go to Vegas for a vacation". Then read Getting Started in Hold Em before we went, and spent much of the trip playing $2/$4. AND survived meeting a bunch of crazy 2+2ers. How does it get better than that? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]