Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Keeping Records (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306191)

steamboatin 08-03-2005 07:52 AM

Re: Keeping Records

I like staking, but it doesn't have a field to enter how many people you have "Caponed" this session.

Jimmy The Fish 08-03-2005 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like staking, but it doesn't have a field to enter how many people you have "Caponed" this session.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a cheat in the software that lets you add this column manually. All you have to do is set it to search 2+2 forums... when it verifies that you've started a tipping thread, you're free to proceed.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

steamboatin 08-03-2005 08:36 AM

Does a NITISH semi rant about someone else being allowed to smoke a cigar in the poker room at Caesar's In count?

Al_Capone_Junior 08-03-2005 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does a NITISH semi rant about someone else being allowed to smoke a cigar in the poker room at Caesar's In count?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, sure. I feel like kicking someone in the nuts today anyway, don't need much of an excuse. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al

Derek in NYC 08-03-2005 12:51 PM

The clear answer here is Statking. Regardless of whether you are an Excel god or not, the reason to use Statking is because of Bob Dibble's excellent import utility, which provides for 1-click importation of PT data.

JordanIB 08-03-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The clear answer here is Statking. Regardless of whether you are an Excel god or not, the reason to use Statking is because of Bob Dibble's excellent import utility, which provides for 1-click importation of PT data.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't know I could use PT to track my live play.

bravos1 08-03-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't know I could use PT to track my live play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What.. the places you play at don't have USB ports in the side of the table? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Derek in NYC 08-03-2005 01:58 PM

Live play hours accumulate so slowly, and across so many different limits, that I never bother to analyze them because I think the data is meaningless w/out years of records. I write them down in a diary that I keep with money bankroll, but aside from the one time that I sat down out of curiosity and added up a combined P&L for my live play, I can honestly say I've never looked at these numbers.

steamboatin 08-03-2005 02:04 PM

I update Statking after evry session at the B&M. It keeps you honest about how you are doing. The biggest fish on the planet believes he is a winner because he has selective memory. He counts the wins, sometimes twice, and accidently forgets about a few loses here and there.

Staking keeps you honest, you can't argue with red type face.

smarterthanyoda 08-04-2005 01:00 AM

There's a free tracking tool available here.

It's not as full-featured as StatKing and doesn't include any charts, but is useful for what it does. StatKing isn't exactly expensive, but this is free and does some basic calculations.