Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rabbit Hunting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304675)

08-01-2005 01:44 AM

Re: Rabbit Hunting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet he wouldn't lose 2 racks has it been online Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I follow??? maybe I am just too tired.. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, say you're playing ONLINE Poker. And you are delt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. And you know your opponent chases everything. We'll say he has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. What are your chances of winning that hand?

I'd say about 50% because it's ONLINE (electronic, computer-generated, RIGGED) Poker.

TomHimself 08-01-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet he wouldn't lose 2 racks has it been online Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I follow??? maybe I am just too tired.. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, say you're playing ONLINE Poker. And you are delt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. And you know your opponent chases everything. We'll say he has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. What are your chances of winning that hand?

I'd say about 50% because it's ONLINE (electronic, computer-generated, RIGGED) Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]lol this moron is back again

Slow Play Ray 08-01-2005 08:59 AM

We leave it up to the dealer. If they think the hand was interesting enough to rabbit hunt, they'll show what was coming. If not, it all goes in the muck and gets shuffled for the next dealer.

Bulldog 08-01-2005 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love it because it encourages the bad players to chase their bad draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lottery Larry 08-01-2005 09:42 AM

Happy games are good games!

(or were you misusing the word?)

And what exactly is wrong with this rule anyway? Controls the rabbit hunting while allowing an outlet.

?

LL

Lottery Larry 08-01-2005 09:43 AM

Seems a little shaky to go back and forth, but I guess if your group likes it, should be no problem.

sully4321 08-01-2005 01:50 PM

it is kinda gay...

Stew 08-01-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I hear "can I just see what the last two cars would've been?" one more time I'm going to take a running chainsaw to my own neck.

Anyone else's thoughts on rabbit hunting? Do you allow/forbid it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a rule written in to our tournament rules that says no rabbit-hunting is allowed. However, I often let that rule be broken to allow the chasers to mis-understand that game.

Personally, I hate rabbit hunting b/c it slows the game down, but I do understand the EV of it all as well.

spaminator101 08-01-2005 11:02 PM

i hate it as much as u do

MeridianFC 08-02-2005 11:47 AM

Unless your name is Elmer Fudd, no rabbit hunting.