Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How much is too much?(low content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303615)

cjmewett 07-30-2005 05:45 AM

Re: How much is too much?(low content)

I just finished up a 70 hour week (Fri-Fri), and it was brutal. By Friday night I just had to do something other than think/read/post/talk about/play poker. I can't imagine doing this consistently, but I know the feeling, anyway.

I actually thought that playing this much would wear me out or make me disinterested, but I still wake up every morning (ok, afternoon) wanting to play. So I'm not tired of it yet.

Oh yeah, and I two- or three-table; nothing crazy like these 8- and 12-tablers. But yeah, the poker dreams...

fimbulwinter 07-30-2005 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished up a 70 hour week (Fri-Fri), and it was brutal. By Friday night I just had to do something other than think/read/post/talk about/play poker. I can't imagine doing this consistently, but I know the feeling, anyway.

I actually thought that playing this much would wear me out or make me disinterested, but I still wake up every morning (ok, afternoon) wanting to play. So I'm not tired of it yet.

Oh yeah, and I two- or three-table; nothing crazy like these 8- and 12-tablers. But yeah, the poker dreams...

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you're a machine. like i said, after four full ring tables or 3 6maxes over a few hours, my head feels like it's going to melt.

what are you guys doing with your massive amounts of cash?

fim

TheWorstPlayer 07-30-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after four full ring tables or 3 6maxes over a few hours, my head feels like it's going to melt.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can actually play 8 hour sessions 4-tabling 6max without any problems when I'm on my A game. If I find myself needing to quit it's because I'm losing focus and I'm afraid I'm going to start playing like crap and destroy my whole session. I think that's why my win rate has improved dramatically lately. I've been playing shorter sessions and avoiding those mistakes that wipe out a whole good session which I used to make with some regularity.

[ QUOTE ]

what are you guys doing with your massive amounts of cash?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the matter, aren't there any girls in med school? I never find a shortage of things to spend my money on...

gulebjorn 07-30-2005 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the matter, aren't there any girls in med school? I never find a shortage of things to spend my money on...

[/ QUOTE ]

They get to examine each other for free [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mackerel 07-30-2005 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How often does everyone else on here play? How long are your typical sessions? How much is too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much poker? Blasphemy!! Go immediately to your backyard and sacrifice a sheep, shave your head and say 2,000,000 "Hail Doyle's" while praying to the poker gods for forgiveness.

If you can't find a sheep, your girlfriends cat will do.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Skeme- 07-30-2005 11:56 AM

I love poker, but don't have much fun with it anymore. I hate playing so low that I'm like a robot. I can rarely put successful plays on anybody. I'm gonna go cry.

TheWorstPlayer 07-30-2005 11:59 AM

Why don't you just 'take a shot' instead?

-Skeme- 07-30-2005 12:08 PM

I'd have 2 buyins at a level where anything anything matters. I'd rather rarely enjoy playing at lower limits, grinding up, then be broke.

TheWorstPlayer 07-30-2005 03:10 PM

Ah, okay. Then just grind out NL100 I guess. But I definitely would encourage taking a shot when you can. I technically wasn't super bankrolled for NL200 when I started playing it but it has worked out very well for me. And I plan on taking a shot at NL400 as soon as I feel comfortable at NL200. Cheers.

07-30-2005 04:12 PM

Yeah, I think you guys officially have a problem...

Having said that, I'm actually thinking about playing poker now instead of watching the Cubs game. But then I would know I was just as much of a mess as you guys...lol

By the way, I probably play 15-18 hours a week, and I do find myself having to limit myself or else I would do nothing but play poker all week.