Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Weird Wedding Gift (low content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302867)

pecto 07-28-2005 11:06 PM

Re: Weird Wedding Gift (low content)

[ QUOTE ]
I am in college and i have friends ask me every once in a while hey can i give u money and whatever u win give me ? My usual answer is if u can bankroll me in major tournements and cover my losses i will give u a percentage... oh, u dont have $10,000 ? oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here

edge 07-29-2005 01:47 AM

Accepting an offer to play with someone else's money (except for a reasonable staking deal) is just a bad idea. It will not turn out well for all sides.

Matador225 07-29-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Accepting an offer to play with someone else's money (except for a reasonable staking deal) is just a bad idea. It will not turn out well for all sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

timprov 07-29-2005 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the most annoying requests anyone ever asks me. I am in college and i have friends ask me every once in a while hey can i give u money and whatever u win give me ? My usual answer is if u can bankroll me in major tournements and cover my losses i will give u a percentage... oh, u dont have $10,000 ? oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the nice thing about having friends who aren't idiots. I've never had anybody suggest this sort of thing.

Siingo 07-29-2005 05:58 AM

They should be!

elmo 07-29-2005 08:41 AM

I'm playing 8 hours for my wedding gift to my sister and her fiance.

La Brujita 07-29-2005 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to sound like some big time gambler because I am not but it is one thing if it is an amount of money that means something to you, another if it is just fun. If I lost the $200 I wouldn't have any super hard feelings, it would be half a bad hand. The feeling pressure was kind of tongue in cheek.

Let me put it another way, I usually ignore the requests but a close friend who has done a lot for me asked me if I could take $50 to vegas and guarantee to turn it into $75. I said of course I can (by not gambling with it but just paying $25 out of pocket).

fnord_too 07-29-2005 09:33 AM

Having read the thread, I like the idea of 1/2 NL. It's a gamble, but those games are pretty soft everywhere I have played them. Maybe go.5/1 NL, one buy in, and paly for 3 hours or until you go bust. If you go bust, you only lost half.

Or you could just say "[censored] that noise, I buying you a gift." (or just giving cash.)

Or you could just "break even" after 4 hours play, they aren't going to be looking over your sholder or anything are they?

Subfallen 07-29-2005 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they were gamblers it woulda been fun just buying into a 215 multi.

But if I won I would just end the friendship.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are awesome. And I'm not joking. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

DrFeelgoodRC 07-29-2005 12:04 PM

just gamble it in 30/60 and give them whatever % of 200 it works out to and if you go down and lose their money whatever just lie say you won and give your buddy 400