Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   TUAN LE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302388)

Jbrochu 07-28-2005 01:36 PM

Re: TUAN LE

[ QUOTE ]
I placed 7th out of 250 players back in 2003 at Foxwoods Tuesday night rebuy tourney, and I had never read a poker book at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but don't you have an overactive luckbox...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mano 07-28-2005 01:42 PM

Not sure when that article was written, but I am pretty sure I saw somewhere that Greenstien said Tuan read his book.

hotsauce615 07-28-2005 02:34 PM

Re: retard strength

Honestly knowing pot odds, and all that, it's pretty obviousto the human eye. It's not hard to just say to yourself that you need X amount of cards to make your hand and there's x amount in pot. Work from there. I think most people who haven't read just have figured out their own way of calculating based on the situation and factor in levels of risk by skills. Why do you think the best player write the best books? They develop their own style and get successful in shutting down cookie cutter styles of other people. I watched Tuan Lee the other day and I was real impressed with his style, but level of ...whats the word... balls?

grandgnu 07-28-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I placed 7th out of 250 players back in 2003 at Foxwoods Tuesday night rebuy tourney, and I had never read a poker book at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but don't you have an overactive luckbox...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was riDONKulously lucky, but I wasn't a terrible player back then. I just didn't know then what I know now.

Also, for those putting a lot of faith into the math of the game. I have to say that Caro's book of Poker Tells took my game to the next level. It allowed me to see things I hadn't before, or at least to understand things I had seen before. It allows you to make moves against your opponents with no hand, no draw, etc., because you know that they don't have a strong enough hand to stay with you.

duma 07-28-2005 08:03 PM

vietnamese dont need to read poker books. they are natural born gamblers. they are taught all the tricks in the womb.

Dynasty 07-28-2005 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vietnamese dont need to read poker books. they are natural born gamblers. they are taught all the tricks in the womb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why there are so many racist comments springing up in this forum.

But, I sure am getting good practice at suspending posters.

DyessMan89 07-28-2005 10:08 PM

BOOKS ARE COOL I LIKE BOOKS THEY MAKE YOU BETTER AND THEY ARE COOL CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ME SOME BOOKS. K THANKS BYE

Duke 07-28-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you saw The Deer Hunter. Now, please practice some RR on your own.

~D

Josh W 07-29-2005 03:19 AM

I haven't won any WPT or WSOP events, but I have won tournies at the Legends of Poker, Commerce, Hustler, etc, and I've never read a book. Um, poker book, I mean.

I'm obviously not Tuan, but I've had good success without reading any poker books. It can be done.

Josh

Trainwreck 07-29-2005 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure when that article was written, but I am pretty sure I saw somewhere that Greenstien said Tuan read his book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realize though that Tuan won those tournaments months ago and Barry's book is new.

I checked and Tuan didn't cash in ANY WSOP 2005 events, but Nam made 2 cashes.

I tried the wreckless style once in an online tournament, I made the final table!

I added a dose of gamb00l to my game and it has helped some, so I did get something out of it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

>TW<