Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Law School (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302126)

SackUp 07-27-2005 11:30 PM

Re: Law School

oh ya and I also suggest taking a year or so off before going. Make sure you are really ready to dedicate yourself to school. My senior year of college was a big party and there was no way I was in the mindset to go hardcore into school. This obviously varies by person but on the whole I think most people do better after taking some time off.

ChoicestHops 07-27-2005 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my ultimate #1 is Georgetown, but thats gonna be really hard

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where I would go to. In the middle of everything politics..

Jdanz 07-28-2005 12:08 AM

i dunno, i feel like i'll like law school, and i'm not even sure i'll ever practice, i don't see myself going white shoes right out of school

lucas9000 07-28-2005 11:04 AM

there was a thread about this recently...do a search. my advice: don't go to law school.

miajag81 07-28-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First thing you HAVE to do is take an LSAT prep course [b]if you're stupid and/or bad at taking standardized tests

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

sfer 07-28-2005 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno, i feel like i'll like law school, and i'm not even sure i'll ever practice, i don't see myself going white shoes right out of school

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to law school to probably not practice law seems a little strange to me. It's 3 years of your life stuck with argumentative people who are largely really into something that you don't care much about.

samjjones 07-28-2005 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going into my Junior year of college, i'm gonna go to law school.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

based on my grades and activities, i think im a shoe in for villanova which is around my house. my ultimate #1 is Georgetown, but thats gonna be really hard. we shall see.

you wanna look at what u wanna specialize in and what the school is known for. also location and price. i have to pay my way through lawschool.

[/ QUOTE ]
The possibilities of having a 2+2 OOTer in a position of power in Washington in the future is slightly disconcerting to me.

sfer 07-28-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going into my Junior year of college, i'm gonna go to law school.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

based on my grades and activities, i think im a shoe in for villanova which is around my house. my ultimate #1 is Georgetown, but thats gonna be really hard. we shall see.

you wanna look at what u wanna specialize in and what the school is known for. also location and price. i have to pay my way through lawschool.

[/ QUOTE ]
The possibilities of having a 2+2 OOTer in a position of power in Washington in the future is slightly disconcerting to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The notion that a Georgetown Law student is powerful is more disconcerting.

miajag81 07-28-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to law school to probably not practice law seems a little strange to me. It's 3 years of your life stuck with argumentative people who are largely really into something that you don't care much about.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does seem strange, but a lot of people do it.

sfer 07-28-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it does seem strange, but a lot of people do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they typically make clear that they want to get paid.