Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Folding Nut Flush to Turned SF? 5/10 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299907)

Klepton 07-26-2005 05:35 AM

Re: Folding Nut Flush to Turned SF? 5/10

what hand with a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] leads 50 into this flop?

kagame 07-26-2005 05:47 AM

flopped sf- ignoring the turn...

flopped flush w/OE sf draw

comeon

fimbulwinter 07-26-2005 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what hand with a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] leads 50 into this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

QJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] makes sense

fim

fimbulwinter 07-26-2005 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This seems like a very clear fold to me. If he had the J, how could he expect to get any value out of the hand unless you make a heroic call on his overbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

let me bet?

fim

kagame 07-26-2005 06:48 AM

its not a clear fold at all, but the pot size compared to the all in is the key issue

i think the odds are the most important issue, your hand is just not good too large a % of the time

he expects a call from the As, and knows theres a good chance you have it, id say well over 50%

to do this with a set is just mindbogglingly ballsy to me

with his controlled aggressive image the pieces fall into place

you did fold right?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

fimbulwinter 07-26-2005 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you did fold right?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i folded.

I think its one of those situations where if presented with the math, he can be making a move a healthy amount of the time here and i still need to fold due to the me drawing dead vs him drawing live thing.

moreover, this is a fun hand to think about, but it's like "folding royals" in that if this is a leak in my game, it's a tiny one due to EV margins and frequency.

meh, it's late. for his sake i hope he had a set cos then i'd be proud as heck of him. nothing makes me happier than seeing somone make a monster semibluff, have some dolt completely miss the represented hand, and have him still complete his draw to win.

fim

durrrr 07-27-2005 02:04 PM

he doesnt have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ... FOLD tho

not_da_nizzles 07-27-2005 04:39 PM

With A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] then villain is drawing dead when he's making a move with a set. Call. Then come on here and tell everyone about how you got "out straight flushed".

mj

TheWorstPlayer 07-27-2005 04:44 PM

He has one out to chop.