Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Unprotected sex after a womens period (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299116)

gorie 07-23-2005 10:03 PM

Re: Unprotected sex after a womens period

[ QUOTE ]
Most women ovulate on day 14 +/- 2 most of the time. Day 1 is the first day of her period. Sperm can live inside the vagina for 48 hours or so, sometimes a bit longer.

Since women's cycles often vary, and she may ovulate as early as day 10 sometime, you are way pushing it.

Wear a condom. They interfere with the enjoyment of sex, for sure, but not as much as a screaming infant.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. though sperm can live inside up to 5-7 days. there is a 24 hour time frame where the egg is capable of being fertilized.

menstrual cycle is 28 days.
assuming she bleeds 7 days, if you have sex on day 8-12..
she is probably going to ovulate around day 14 (or easily on one of the days you're having sex, it's hard to know when she ovulates). your sperm can stick around to get her pregnant.

you're being very risky and stupid.

miajag81 07-23-2005 10:04 PM

The fact that this thread even exists significantly lowers my faith in humanity.

PokerCat69 07-23-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that this thread even exists significantly lowers my faith in humanity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm an idiot fine. We're both on the fence about having a baby. Pros and Cons either way, not really a big deal

smokingrobot 07-23-2005 10:33 PM

about 2 weeks before her usual period starts is when the egg starts coming down for fertilization.

so if your girl gets on the rag around the 15th of the month, stop the fun around the 1st.

you have about a 1-2 week window. if you're nervous about that, stop a little before the 2 weeks.

but as always, this isnt foolproof. you are probably better off with a condom.

Morpheus 07-23-2005 10:41 PM

bang her until she stop breathing.

fishsauce 07-23-2005 11:14 PM

You can have unprotected sex with your gf any time if you get a vasectomy.

Alobar 07-24-2005 12:31 AM

People like you are the reason there is a over abundance of trailor parks in this world.

citanul 07-24-2005 01:45 AM

the number of pregnancies per woman year for women using the "timing method" is either 1 pregnancy per 1.5 woman years or 1.5 pregnancies per woman year, i can't remember which. that's not encouraging statistics.

citanul

smokingrobot 07-24-2005 03:42 AM

have you ever even had sex?

ceyoung 07-24-2005 04:00 AM

wouldn't it be easier to goto planned parenthood and get the pill? i assume if you've been together for 6 years you don't need the STD protection.