Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   O Doyle's Army - WE WANT YOU! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298849)

Recliner 07-23-2005 01:12 PM

Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

I agree with Baulucky, I want 10k or 12k but I don't really want to play a large tournament, I'd rather have the cash so I can do things like, buy myself a truck or save it for a down payment on a house.

o0mr_bill0o 07-23-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Baulucky, I want 10k or 12k but I don't really want to play a large tournament, I'd rather have the cash so I can do things like, buy myself a truck or save it for a down payment on a house.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. WSOP, or probably any tournament, entries are very -EV for me.

dabluebery 07-23-2005 01:36 PM

I'm interested in some aspects of this, of course I need more details.

Lurker4 07-23-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here...I'd be willing to do something like this for a high % rakeback deal type thing.

krazyace5 07-23-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be happy to 4-table at a site for some special bonuses.

I would not be happy to wear an O Doyle's Army special outfit in public. I have exactly zero pieces of clothing with any company names attached - but would probably wear an online site's shirt if I won a $10k entry and got hotel accomodatioins for wearing their shirts.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested in this as well, but would rather get cash, either way I am interested though for whatever is offered. I also do not want to join any "army" or wear any army outfit. It reeks too much of "The Crew" and "taking the poker world by storm".

Uglyowl 07-23-2005 02:38 PM

An idea- The prizes won by the army are split among the winner of the prize and rest of the army. I don't know what percentage is best.

That way some sort of cash is expected from this venture, plus a great rooting interest in other memebers of this army.

For example you have 25 players and we will use 50/50 split to keep things easy:

Player #2 wins $50,000
Player #17 wins $15,000

Payouts would be: Player #2 ($26,300), #17 ($8,800), everyone else ($1,300).

I think this would be one of the worse case scenarios, as the army only makes back 26% of amount invested.

TylerD 07-23-2005 03:02 PM

oh, also I don't want to wear military uniform and the name needs a rethink as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sponger15SB 07-23-2005 03:09 PM

You want a $12,000 bonus?

Play 140,000 hands at 10-20 6-max on Eurobet with 30% rakeback.

Shoe 07-23-2005 03:17 PM

I would be in, but would want to have close to a year to play the 120k hands. Currently, I play around 15k hands a month at a ton of sites, I would be willing to consolidate just about 100% of my play to just this one site if they gave me a long enough time frame that I felt comfortable with, without having to break my back to get the seat. The offer could be something like you have to play 120k hands within the last 9 months, or 1 year, or whatever, if it takes longer than that you don't get to go. If you play 240k hands in that time period, they send you to 2 major tournaments, 360k hands, you get to go to 3 major tournaments, etc....

Also, like others in this thread I would prefer to just wear the site's normal clothing as opposed to an army uniform.

PygmyHero 07-23-2005 03:32 PM

I could be interested in this.

But like most people in this thread I would want more information on the following:
Exactly how long would we have? My preference would be a larger time window.
What would the reward be? I would prefer something fungible as opposed to tournament entries.
What limits would be allowed?
And I would also state my preference for the normal poker site clothing.