Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   so many regular 2+2 posters (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297777)

cleinen 07-21-2005 07:35 PM

Re: so many regular 2+2 posters

I don't like when ppl do that either. I think its some sort of ego trip or something.

Freudian 07-21-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like when ppl do that either. I thinks its some sort of ego trip or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it has everything to do with insecurity. Perhaps they should replace the berating with "my dad is stronger than your dad".

morgan180 07-21-2005 07:43 PM

there is nothing more annoying than this. you should thank people who make bad plays. personally i think anything sarcastic, rude, abusive, etc. is just stupid. why do you want to rile up the people you are trying to take money from? most people at the table just peg you as the jerk to take out and spend the whole game plotting against you.

personally i turn my chat off so i don't have to deal with any of it.

but really - show some maturity and restraint and be thankful there are people out there that make bad plays all day long.

hyde 07-21-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with a nice sarcastic:

nice call.

when someone calls with a better hand than yours that they shouldn't have called with.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid the sarcasm is not always clear, too many think they made a nice call......which is long term +EV however...

I think a better response is nr
nice result

It showed up on Atlantic Trout a few weeks ago. I like it.

SlackerMcFly 07-21-2005 07:44 PM

If someone is really a jerk, I'll usually start berating myself. "Dumba*ss Slacker, you shoulda folded that garbage." Slack's an idiot!

That kind of thing tosses them for a loop especially if you really get over the top in kicking your butt on every play.

Try it, you'll like it.....

SlackerMClown

tigerite 07-21-2005 07:58 PM

Well the guy who did the KJ suckout, later on folded 99 in his SB to my button push, and as I had A8o, I was very thankful for it. He said "anyone but you and I call" so hey, being nice to the "fish" can have a positive result.

morello 07-21-2005 08:11 PM

I've seen 2+2 posters berate fish at the $215 sngs, and then say stuff like "Don't you know anything about ICM?" "You didn't have any fold equity", "With my pot odds I was going to call regardless" and things of that nature.

It's one thing to call them morons, it's another to clue them in to the fact that maybe these SNGs aren't so straightforward.

curtains 07-21-2005 08:14 PM

Yeah its unbelievably stupid. I lose so much respect for someone when I see them berating a player like that.

curtains 07-21-2005 08:16 PM

lol, the 2+2er is still at it, just called someone else a fish. So pathetic.

johnnybeef 07-21-2005 08:17 PM

Slacker, you have got to be the dumbest piece of dog sh*t i have ever met.....berating your self, gimme a f'n break. do us all a favor and quit posting here.