Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   100/200 Turn and River Play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294231)

phish 07-17-2005 12:26 AM

Re: 100/200 Turn and River Play

I think you're being cheated at this club. No way should these guys have spiked that ace on the turn unless the dealer's a mechanic. stay away from live play. Come play 100/200 at PokerStars. Please.

Maulik 07-17-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're being cheated at this club. No way should these guys have spiked that ace on the turn unless the dealer's a mechanic. stay away from live play. Come play 100/200 at PokerStars. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

regardless of whether or not he should be playing 100/200 or .5/1 the idea of the forum is to help him rather than berate him.

with that said, you should be playing .25/.5 or even microlimits and read many many books.

TaintedRogue 07-17-2005 01:26 AM

Re: more comments

[ QUOTE ]
I put them both on AK. I put the small blind on a K and the Big blind on a weak A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom,
I see you've been around awhile, 698 posts, and I'm confused as to why you are posting this? It sounds like your angry for some reason and posting a ridiculous hand, i.e., how can you put the small and big blind on anything, when they didn't pay to see the flop? That negates any credibility your post may have had.

mr pink 07-17-2005 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I put them both on AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

then your river play is pretty retarded, no?

DanS 07-17-2005 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I know I butchered this hand, but where did I go wrong?

Thanks a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Coldcalling 3 preflop.
2) Calling two more on the flop.
3) Thinking the offsuit ace gave you a scare card or more importantly, ANY fold equity.
4) Raising the turn.
5) Raising the river.
6) Calling the three bet.

These were six of the worst decision I've seen made in a mid-high LHE hand in a long time. Every decision you made didn't mildly compound your problem... you basically decided you liked being [censored] in the ass, and 'may I have another.'

Well, you asked!
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dan

DanS 07-17-2005 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they were suited, and no I probably wasn't winning AT THE TIME, but I put them both on AK. I put the small blind on a K and the Big blind on a weak A. I figure, add in my flush outs, and I should be fine. The question wasn't about the preflop play. Read the title.

by the way, when the turn came, my read of AK turned to a JQ for both. It was too unlikely for them to catch the A. The river K cemented my read.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, guess I should read responses before I reply. My bad.

bugstud 07-17-2005 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they were suited, and no I probably wasn't winning AT THE TIME, but I put them both on AK. I put the small blind on a K and the Big blind on a weak A. I figure, add in my flush outs, and I should be fine. The question wasn't about the preflop play. Read the title.

by the way, when the turn came, my read of AK turned to a JQ for both. It was too unlikely for them to catch the A. The river K cemented my read.

[/ QUOTE ]

so both of them are putting in 3 bets, on the river, with QJ?

Ulysses 07-17-2005 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so both of them are putting in 3 bets, on the river, with QJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, bugstud, wow.

bicyclekick 07-17-2005 03:51 AM

This is about the worst played holdem hand post I've read in months. Are you kidding me? This is a ridiculously badly played hand.

flawless_victory 07-17-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding me?

[/ QUOTE ]obviously.