Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   HU: chipleader Kc 7c What's your move? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293821)

bluefeet 07-16-2005 12:31 AM

Re: HU: chipleader Kc 7c What\'s your move?

...a reasonable assumption. But in my experience the 'jumping on the push button with both feet' reaction on a rag flop after reluctantly (we'll assume) calling your PF raise - most always equals top/middle pair.

But to further explore your point.......

I WOULD NOT CONSIDER CALLING HIS ALL-IN IF I DIDN'T HAVE THE 12 OUTS

...if I was CERTAIN he was bluffing, and I KNEW I had top overcards, I still wouldn't go anywhere near this call (again, without the flush draw). I'd actually probably fold a 9-out OSD in this case as well -- keeping in mind we are still talking about you checking the flop....

ReDeYES88 07-16-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if villian has been paying enough attention,

[/ QUOTE ]
. .. ..lol. ..now THAT'S funny . . . . . .

Roman 07-16-2005 01:07 AM

he might have a lower flush draw or a straight draw, I take the gamble and call. Eyeballing it, pot odds look good with ~12 avg outs considering you could have the best hand.

11t 07-16-2005 01:07 AM

You are not getting odds so do not call.

I would have bet at the flop though and given myself odds to call a push, but if you have been tag this is a good place for a continuation bet, if your k is live you arent too far behind/ahead.

11t 07-16-2005 01:09 AM

Re: i called

You are not getting odds, this is not a good call.

Poker 101

11t 07-16-2005 01:18 AM

Listen, I have already posted 3x in this threat but I think calling this heads up is completely suicidal. Yes you MAY be 50% to win right here, but with the blinds as small as they are and your (presumed) superiority over your opponent you can find a better spot than this.

If you thought your opponent was vastly superior to you at poker and that your (at best) 50/50 chance here was the best chance you had, then calling here is not a bad idea.

However, you have the chip lead and HU your chip stack directly relates to your equity to win the tournament. You have more than 50% of the chips in play (I do not wish to do the exact math) so you should (potentially) have a better chance to win the tournament than the current proposition infront of you.

Also, you are not getting good odds at all. You are getting like 1.1:1 which is unacceptable (imo) given you calling off ~75% of your stack on a 50% draw HU.

11t 07-16-2005 01:22 AM

If you are going to c/r here I think dumping your stack is correct.

AceofSpades 07-16-2005 04:05 AM

With the blinds this low I'd definately fold here. You miss your flush = villian having you out chipped 8k in chips. If they were higher, I think this really depends on villian...

Does he play back at you when you autobet flops? does he fold a lot? or is he really aggressive or passive? In other words, are you able to use your bigger stack to grind him
down?

there's no need to go for the knockout punch when a less risky approach will work.

Oluwafemi 07-16-2005 10:58 AM

most everyone is saying to to lead into the flop

...as opposed to checking.

say villian still reraises all-in anyway, do you fold or do you call? IMO, this move shows alot more strength than all-inning after a check on the flop.

Oluwafemi 07-16-2005 11:00 AM

Re: i called

[ QUOTE ]
You are not getting odds, this is not a good call.

Poker 101

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of odds do i need to make this call? if you missed your flop, what kind of hand would you make this call with [blinds already taken into consideration]?