Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Desperation part 2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293576)

45suited 07-15-2005 04:27 PM

Re: Desperation part 2

FWIW: T7s is 50.6% vs a random hand

Nicholasp27 07-15-2005 04:28 PM

hand 1: it's too late for you now...with those maniacs and being utg, u have hardly any FE...u shoulda gone in earlier, unless everyone raised before you, in which case you were just screwed...at this point, u probably have to push tho, as you will be bb next and down to 300 and then 225, and u'll have to double up just to get back to where u are now...so this is your last chance at making a stand, but they know that, plus are maniacs, so u are gonna get called

hand 2: see above

hand 3: push...u have 2 folders at least...and your positioning is about to get even worse...i'd prolly push worse than k3o here

rydazzle 07-15-2005 04:35 PM

yes Im serious. this is weird, normally I disagree with some 2+2 pushes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1) and 2) you are damned if you do/dont since you are UTG. I see the T and the push light goes off in my brain, I like T's for desperation pushes a lot...the suited adds a bit more, but offsuit I still push. suited middle connectors are money for going all the way to the river...I push fast.

3) This is up for debate, but youve got 2 folds in front and thats a BIG advantage in desperation...its more about the situation than the cards - K is good enough for me here.

btw these are for desperation stacks, I think I would have pushed sooner in 1 and 2, but obviously I don't know what cards he held in UTG+1...

rydazzle 07-15-2005 04:39 PM

Do you get chopped 25% in the BB and wait for a hand with more value? you may end up with worse in the BB and facing a raise, or get slightly better but w/o that 25% of semi leverage you had before and perhaps get callers...

45suited 07-15-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you get chopped 25% in the BB and wait for a hand with more value? you may end up with worse in the BB and facing a raise, or get slightly better but w/o that 25% of semi leverage you had before and perhaps get callers...

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly don't think pushing T7s is terrible (we are desperate after all) but if the table is at all loose, I think that it's kind of a give up play. UTG pushes are so obvious and people loosen up their calling standards big time.

I've come back from worse spots than this, so I don't think that I'd feel compelled to push.

rydazzle 07-15-2005 04:49 PM

yeah, its a tough spot...Im closing my eyes for sure after the push...

mlagoo 07-15-2005 04:52 PM

Although suited looks better, I'm not sure it really should be a factor in the decision here. It adds what, like 1.5% to your chance to win heads up?

Regardless, I think I push the first two, fold the K3.

rydazzle 07-15-2005 04:54 PM

you are right, it adds a trivial amount...but for some reason it has sex appeal value [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

DasLeben 07-15-2005 04:56 PM

1. Push. You'll be so crippled after the blinds that you should just shove here.
2. I fold, but it's probably close. I think you can try to get a better hand in position, IMO.
3. Push.

45suited 07-15-2005 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although suited looks better, I'm not sure it really should be a factor in the decision here. It adds what, like 1.5% to your chance to win heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Common misconception. Actually being suited adds about 4%, which doesn't sound like much, but if you guess that you'd be around 36-64 if called, the 4% gain from being suited actually improves your chances from 36% to 40%, which makes T7s 11% better than T7o (against a hand that would be 64-36 over T7o).