Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA Makes Set - Bet The River? 1/2 6max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292546)

kapw7 07-14-2005 04:04 AM

Re: AA Makes Set - Bet The River? 1/2 6max

Of course I bet. And call 1 bet back to me. But not 2 bets with a mediocre pot and bad position.

Bodhi 07-14-2005 04:04 AM

Calls. I'm not folding top set against someone who could be 3-betting 2 pair or a smaller set.

Kumubou 07-14-2005 04:05 AM

Turbo-cap. If there was no cap HU, I don't know how far I would go before I would decide to smite some small furry animals and call. This is much closer though, as I do not know how often he has a random two pair or set versus the straight -- given the nature of the board, I think it is close. If nothing else, cap it and tell the BB he can have all the action he can eat.

-K

Bodhi 07-14-2005 04:06 AM

Folding top set here is terrible.

invictus33 07-14-2005 04:39 AM

I don't even see how this is a decision. With the betting you'd have to be putting him on KT-JT, small possibility he is on AT or else he'd be raising you. Hell, I'd be calling down with mid pair and a good kicker if no one is showing any balls. Bet the flop, check raise the turn and cap that river. Either way it's a small pot, you should be taking this down before villian has a chance to hit the river straight.

bottomset 07-14-2005 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I bet. And call 1 bet back to me. But not 2 bets with a mediocre pot and bad position.

[/ QUOTE ]

you fold TopSet for 2 bets on the river?

and I wish I had your game selection where 13.5BB is a mediocre pot

christ, you play the stars 2/4 right, [censored] you rarely get 7BBave in that game

bottomset 07-14-2005 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question 3: OK - to those who answered question 2. Do you want to change your answer to the first action, or do you still bet that out?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a retarded question with 0 value

this type of thinking will only hurt your game

baronzeus 07-14-2005 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Question 2. OK: for those above and anyone (everyone?) else who answered bet - that is what I did. Here is the continuation. Your next action?

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero...

Grunch before reading anyone else's anwsers. You have 15 seconds to decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: makes a crying call.

kapw7 07-14-2005 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

and I wish I had your game selection where 13.5BB is a mediocre pot

[/ QUOTE ]

!3.5 BB is not a mediocre pot. I was referring to the pot odds. You get 13.5:2 and possibly 18.5:3 if it gets capped.

I just noticed it is 6-max which changes things a bit towards a crying call. I don't want to be results oriented (it's obvious hero lost here to a straight) but whith no reads I would not want to call very often here. Calling is not a huge mistake but I don't think you can win here 1 out 7 times.

In (my) real life it depends: I would call at 2/4 SH (so yes at 1/2 SH as well) b/c I'm not that tough, although lately I have suffered a series of terrible bad beats and I would think twice. (That's why I stay away from 13.5 BB pots at 2/4 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

parappa 07-14-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Question 2. OK: for those above and anyone (everyone?) else who answered bet - that is what I did. Here is the continuation. Your next action?

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero...

Grunch before reading anyone else's anwsers. You have 15 seconds to decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

call. I can't fold here. They show me 2 random cards too often.