Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pocket Jacks WSOP ME (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290656)

Mez 07-11-2005 02:41 PM

Re: Pocket Jacks WSOP ME

I think the flop is the critical point in this hand. If you're going to raise 1/2 of your remaining stack, might as well push on that flop. Personally, I think you need to decide if you're ahead or not there. If not, push the turn.

On the river, I don't know if I can all there knowing that I beat almost no pocket pair, folding leaves you really short, but the only hope to win is if the opponent has AK, (and not AKh).

SpeakEasy 07-11-2005 03:08 PM

Best play is to get in or get out on the flop. Your 1.5x raise on the flop looks to merely have sweetened the pot for button, who gets 2+ to 1 on the call, and UTG who gets 5+ to 1 on the call.

locutus2002 07-11-2005 03:46 PM

I think you can fold.

Villain's T2500 on the river looks like a blocking bet against button, he can't have any hands here that you beat, and a bluff is unlikely. I like him here for TT, given the passive way he has played it so far, and the fact that no one rocked the boat on the turn.

Button has been playing it like a draw. With so much action on a terrible flop he must suspect at least one player for a pair. I like him for 79s or 57s which means he wouldn't have hearts.

I probably raise PF for information and to isolate even against a tight player. ATF I think you are most likely ahead of button. Villain's bet of T1000 into a pot of T2100 looks unconvincing with two players left to act. I probably push and hope he doesn't have QQ.

bruce 07-12-2005 04:13 PM

Results

Here are my thoughts. BTF calling verses reraising is pretty close. I probably should have reraised, but the tightness of the opener and my position pushed me towards
calling.

On the flop UTG bets 1000 and I make it 2500. There are no
draws. Button and UTG both call. What do they have at this
point that I can beat? I, at this point don't like my hand.
I thought there was a decent chance the button flopped a set
and he was waiting until the turn to make a move. I was
kicking myself in the ass for not reraising BTF. I thought
UTG was a weak tighty with a bigger pocket pair. This
is why I checked the turn. Much to my surprise the button
checked his hand.

On the river the Ten seemed like a non threatening card. I
had a real difficult time putting anyone on a flush. The button checked the turn so I wasn't concerned about him, but now UTG leads out.

I decided to call. Button after much agony called. UTG
mucked his hand. Button and I chopped the pot with us each having pocket Jacks.

Interesting and tough hand to play.

Bruce