Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What's the correct bet size here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290303)

A_PLUS 07-11-2005 11:38 AM

Re: What\'s the correct bet size here?

[ QUOTE ]
When the action comes around to you there is 3600 in the pot.
if you raise to 4800 your giving UTG 2.6-1 odds and he might call here which would make it an automatic call for UTG+1 because of pot odds. so to make sure he doesnt call, you want to reraise a little mroe than that. a reraise to about 8000 would be good. giving UTG less than 2-1 odds to call, he should fold. then UTG+1 can only call with AA,KK,QQ,AK. i think he would throw away jacks here if you think hes solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) stop reading Tom Mcevoy articles, they will turn your brain to mush.

2.) Why would I EVER want him to fold JJ?

3.) When they call with 2.6-1 odds, are they making the correct play?

4.) If you are betting to get them to fold, why do you need pocket kings to do it?

EverettKings 07-11-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) stop reading Tom Mcevoy articles, they will turn your brain to mush.

2.) Why would I EVER want him to fold JJ?

3.) When they call with 2.6-1 odds, are they making the correct play?

4.) If you are betting to get them to fold, why do you need pocket kings to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

maddo 07-11-2005 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to play this hand 3 handed in position with one player committed to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is in the big blind. So he would not have position.

HonchoOverload 07-11-2005 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to play this hand 3 handed in position with one player committed to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell ever wants to play a high pair against two players rather than one?

maddo 07-11-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You raise to 5k, UTG calls, UTG+1 is now getting about 3:1 with implied odds to stack you with certain flops. No brainer with JJ or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.

I'm struggling to grasp why UTG+1 should call with AQ here. I'm not saying it's wrong (because I'm not experienced enough to say that). If I was UTG+1 I would fold here because after the reraise by the big stack in the BB I would not even be sure that I wanted to hit an ace, i.e. could be up against AK. Am I too tight? Please make me understand why I need to call with AQ if that's the correct play.

Cheers.

bruce 07-11-2005 12:48 PM

Why would you want Jacks or Queens to fold? I would reraise
probably about 3to 4x the pot. If I felt a push would get
both players to call than I would push. If I am against AA
well there's a new tourney in an hour.

Bruce

GrunchCan 07-11-2005 05:42 PM

In retrospect, it seems like I put a little more in than I needed to. Then again, if I had only put in the 10k, I would still be committed to the pot even ifg UTG+1 came along. No?

By the way, the converter didn't say so, but the level was 800/400 + 50a. So, there was 1650 in the pot before the cards were dealt.

Here's the hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (9 handed) converter

SB (t18134)
Hero (t28286)
UTG (t10299)
UTG+1 (t20498)
MP1 (t19762)
MP2 (t28863)
MP3 (t8380)
CO (t9211)
Button (t18466)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1600</font>, UTG+1 calls t1600, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t12000</font>, UTG calls t8649 (All-In), UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (t24199) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t24199) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t24199) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t24199

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
UTG has Jd Jc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins t24199. </font>

A_PLUS 07-11-2005 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell ever wants to play a high pair against two players rather than one?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can get the chips in preflop , would chose 2 callers with KK in all but extreme situations

HonchoOverload 07-11-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can get the chips in preflop , would chose 2 callers with KK in all but extreme situations

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have pokerstove here at work, but it seems like KK vs. two ranges of hands 99-AA, AK, AQ, AJ would deprove quite a bit...

for example, KK vs. JJ is 4:1, obv but KK vs. JJ vs. AQ seems like it would be much worse, no?

A_PLUS 07-11-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have pokerstove here at work, but it seems like KK vs. two ranges of hands 99-AA, AK, AQ, AJ would deprove quite a bit...

for example, KK vs. JJ is 4:1, obv but KK vs. JJ vs. AQ seems like it would be much worse, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, they get worse when you add a 2nd caller (especially when AQ has more equity than JJ). But you also add more money in the pot. So instead of looking at the % of time you win, try looking at the Chip E.V.