Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Should I even call his flop opener here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288374)

gildwulf 07-07-2005 08:31 PM

Re: Should I even call his flop opener here?

[ QUOTE ]
Two pair or better is worth limping here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The odds of flopping two pair are 48.5-1. If you are only calling in order to flop two pair and folding everything else, this is an incredibly -EV move.

bmxreed36 07-07-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise? are you kidding me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

unreal_nh 07-07-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise? are you kidding me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

God bless you.

gildwulf 07-07-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

lastchance 07-07-2005 08:38 PM

When people are paying you off for t300+ implied chips here if you hit.

What about odds of hitting trips?

And obviously, reads matter. Without reads.... I think I might just call here and see the turn action.

gildwulf 07-07-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When people are paying you off for t300+ implied chips here if you hit.

What about odds of hitting trips?

And obviously, reads matter. Without reads.... I think I might just call here and see the turn action.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...we can hit two pair and trips with KQo...I forgot. I should also start limping with 23o and 72o because of the implied odds of hitting two pair or trips, right?

For like the 12th time, what is the point of playing this hand if you aren't willing to back top pair up with some cajones?

bmxreed36 07-07-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

RAISE preflop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

Ok, but seriously now, I see that BB was the first to double up, did you happen to see how he did that? He may be a maniac and at the lower buy-in levels, I wouldn't be surprised to see 78, KT, or even something worse and you probably have 3 or more outs if he doesn't have a set which it doesn't really look like. Higher buy-in and I might lay it down. But I usually just call on the flop here--his bet has dropped everyone else out and there are no big draws on the board and you are either pretty far ahead or you're behind so I wait for the turn to see what he does. Maybe that's not correct, though?

gildwulf 07-07-2005 08:46 PM

Just because you double up early on doesn't mean you're a maniac...I've tripled up on the first hand of a 20 with AA vs TT and KQ...

lastchance 07-07-2005 08:48 PM

Because at the levels I believe OP is playing at, people aren't having a worse hand than you here. BB is showing a helluva lot of strength here...

You're trying to get the money in with the best of it, and fold when you don't. I think calling to see the turn is best here.

unreal_nh 07-07-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's not correct, though?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, maybe its not.