Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   fold KAs Post Flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287598)

TomBrooks 07-06-2005 09:03 PM

Re: fold KAs Post Flop

I think it would be a somewhat loose call but not terrible. There could be a flush draw out so clubs may be no good, giving you only 4 outs instead of six. Overcards are usually said to be worth only three outs on average in which case folding is good here.

Yads 07-06-2005 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hemstock how do you call? Some of your outs could be dead? you are getting 7-1. You only have 6 outs which dont count as full outs. So you probably have 3 outs max. We arent getting the 15-1

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? Do you seriously think that he has only 3 outs on average against 2 players? It's definitely close thogh, he probably has something like 4.5 outs on average, making this extremely close. I don't think it matters either way.

mdplayah 07-07-2005 12:40 AM

i can't believe other people's comments on this one. I fold this crap fast. As of the CO betting there is 7BB in the pot, i.e. in order to call you would need a full six outs (I really can't see my self adding more than a quarter out on implied since it is such a weak draw, maybe if i was drawing to two pair i would do that... but top pair?).

you never have the full six, even heads up. you could lose on the river, someone could counterfeit you wiping out 3 outs right there, you could be up against a slowplayed set, two clubs could be tainted, and he has an overcard that is exactly one card higher than the highest on the board [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

i'm sure there are more reasons to discount, but that's just off the top of my head.

I would like to see about 17BB in the pot to call this, more if i wasn;t last to act. good fold.

mdplayah 07-07-2005 12:45 AM

sorry, just read my own post. didn't mean to sound harsh or condescending, but that's just how i feel. you guys can call it if you want though.

TomBrooks 07-07-2005 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be a somewhat loose call but not terrible.

[/ QUOTE ] After reading and reflecting on mdplayah's post, I think he's more correct than what I said at first above. He said he would like to see 17BB in the pot to call this. I think I'd be comfortable with 11BB. I'm going to count my outs as 4. I think I have been a little too loose calling with overcards on the turn.

thegoose420 07-07-2005 01:55 AM

why are you checking the turn just because a Q came out? you need to bet. call a rerasie if one comes, even though i doubt it would happen.

Bungler 07-07-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you checking the turn just because a Q came out? you need to bet. call a rerasie if one comes, even though i doubt it would happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you do that?

thegoose420 07-07-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Why would you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, first off, i really doubt they would reraise, they will almost always fold, or rarely even call at this level.

secondly with two over cards, i count at least 4.5 outs, and even though the immediate pot odds don't look good for a raise, the implied odds look pretty good too me if i catch one of my over cards. you're going to gain one or two BB if they do have a pair of queens.

Bungler 07-07-2005 02:36 AM

I think what my point is what does a bet here accomplish? We're betting into 3 people with ace high and no draw. Getting raised here sucks. That would suggest that we are already beaten and drawing very slim on the river.

I don't think the possibility of collecting a bet on the river makes up for this possibility. Check/folding the turn seems like the correct play given the situation and the odds.

Hojglad 07-07-2005 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6 BB) SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, SB calls, BB folds, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
*throws up in mouth* Call this. You still have the best hand at least 14% of the time here. That alone, is enough to call. Not only that, but your K and A outs are good most of the time.