Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   If there was no possession. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287098)

A_C_Slater 07-06-2005 02:18 AM

Re: If there was no possession.

Dude...like, why can't we just live in world where, like, there's no money and people just, like, help each other out? Like, one person could make shoes, and like, another could make food, and like, some other guy could, like, chop wood for the fire. And the women just, like, take care of the babies and give the guy's who are chopping wood and getting food head and stuff.

MarkL444 07-06-2005 02:24 AM

I like all of these points you guys have made. I've just been thinking quite a bit lately about the necessities of money and took it a step further to possession. I do agree that it is essential.

Now to take this the predictable step forward...

What if there was possession, but no money?

Aren't most if not all of the problems in the world almost directly related to money?

I tend to think the outrageous distribution of wealth is one of the most unnecissary problems that exists- but without money one could only accumulate so much wealth. I guess they could have a ton of land, somewhat besides the point.

MarkL444 07-06-2005 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude...like, why can't we just live in world where, like, there's no money and people just, like, help each other out? Like, one person could make shoes, and like, another could make food, and like, some other guy could, like, chop wood for the fire. And the women just, like, take care of the babies and give the guy's who are chopping wood and getting food head and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why this is funny.

A_C_Slater 07-06-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why this is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an elaborate way of calling you a hippie.

Detroit what.

maurile 07-06-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if there was possession, but no money?

[/ QUOTE ]
It'd be pretty much the same as it is now, except less convenient. People would stockpile gems and precious metals instead of greenish portraits of Benjamin Franklin.

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't most if not all of the problems in the world almost directly related to money?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, most if not all of the problems in the world are directly related to sex. But that doesn't mean we'd be better off without it.

MarkL444 07-06-2005 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, most if not all of the problems in the world are directly related to sex. But that doesn't mean we'd be better off without it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate on this a little? I find it very interesting but don't fully understand.

maurile 07-06-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate on this a little? I find it very interesting but don't fully understand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was partially joking. But think back to the stupidest thing you ever did. Chances are it was for a girl. Girls cause all kinds of problems. Especially the pretty ones.

snowden719 07-06-2005 03:22 AM

without money, it seems as if a proper distibution of goods would be very difficult, could you imagine bringing cattle or crops everywhere you went whenever you needed to get something you didn;t have?

spoohunter 07-06-2005 09:11 AM

I think most of humanities problems may be caused (possibly) by greed, but certainly not by money.

tek 07-26-2005 05:19 PM

We could, but some commodities are too heavy too move often.
That's why money was invented. It's easier to carry...