Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Playalong time: Play my opponent's hand... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286761)

MrWookie47 07-05-2005 06:10 PM

Re: Playalong time: Play my opponent\'s hand...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
]-[4><0|2

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, before I bothered explaining this to you guys, I had 1337 posts. If you don't get it, be thankful that you're not nerdy enough.

bozlax 07-05-2005 06:34 PM

I have a friend from college that we called (and still call) the Wookie (Wook, for short). [awe]He was much less complex than you are, tho.[/awe]

He's now taken his actuarial tests, and walks around with a beer in his hand at 3:30 in the morning saying things like, "Boz...I can tell you when you're going to die," in a Slingblade voice.

Paxosmotic 07-05-2005 06:41 PM

The preflop part of this hand is a very easy raise, but I have a feeling this hand is going to become a real beast to play after we flop a gutshot and a backdoor flush, the SB checks, and you bet. Just sayin.

Vote4Pedro 07-05-2005 06:46 PM

pattern mapper

aK13 07-05-2005 06:49 PM

I'll raise here almost 100% of the time in the CO. We have position against a very loose-passive SB, and there is a good chance the tight BB (me) will fold (you playing this HU vs. this SB shouldn't be too difficult). Only thing to worry about is Button, but even if he cold calls, SB is sure to come along, and you still have a good multiway hand.

Well my opponent decided to open limp (bad!).

So:

UTG folds, MP folds, You limp with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , Button folds, SB calls, <font color="red">I raise</font>, you call, SB calls.

3 to the flop for 6SB which comes: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, <font color="red">I bet</font>, You?

Jaran 07-05-2005 06:55 PM

I call, going for overcalls. A raise might get called by the SB, but I'd rather keep everyone along for the ride.

-Jaran

Vote4Pedro 07-05-2005 06:56 PM

rrraise it

Paxosmotic 07-05-2005 06:59 PM

Can I just point out how frighteningly close I was to what was going to happen?

SB is very loose and is probably coming along for the ride anyway. I raise here. We're swimming in outs.

baronzeus 07-05-2005 07:02 PM

WTF? 5/10 6max isn't a micro limit full game :-P

BTW, easy easy easy raise on the flop here.

Limping here was a terrible mistake.

PuckNPoker 07-05-2005 07:03 PM

Raise to clear up overcard outs from SB because I think the 9 and Ten are probably good outs. Raise it up in case SB has something like TJ,Q9, etc. If SB calls well then it just pumps the pot for your draws. Either way its a raise.