Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Boboquivari's trip report (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286131)

Benal 07-04-2005 09:22 PM

Re: Boboquivari\'s trip report

[ QUOTE ]
With dinner we drank some Chateauneuf du Pape that was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Ulysses 07-04-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense, but this trip report is kind of....well....<font color="pink">non-masculine</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken, man, it's hard to disagree. Especially with Boris, Gab, and Sucker ordering their kumquat cosmos and whatnot.

[ QUOTE ]
how does mac and cheese make the menu there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that was great. In fact, many great steak places make excellent mac and cheese.

In my defense, I have a bunch of people showing up soon and I have some outstandingly seasoned burgers and some hot dogs ready to toss on the grill. And some potato salad. And we're all going to drink lots of beers.

Of course, I have been relaxing on my balcony enjoying this beautiful warm day eating some potato chips and drinking some refreshing Gloria Ferrer Chardonnay while waiting for everyone.

OK. I wrote this a while back and didn't hit post. Back to masculinity. We have had about 100 outmeal stouts and belgian ales. And now we're teaching the girls poker. IF THAT'S NOT MASCULINE I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!!!!!!!!!

Lawrence Ng 07-05-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Before dinner, me and a buddy ordered real martinis. The rest of these clowns drank cosmos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying different martinis lately, my favorite being the sour apple and blue bomber. Some waitress threw a Sugardaddy at me once that tasted like cheapass bubblegum.

I'm not a big fan of the cosmo either.

Just wondering what martinis you tried and liked.

Thanks

Lawrence

TheWorstPlayer 07-05-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And now we're teaching the girls poker. IF THAT'S NOT MASCULINE I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
stakes?

Ulysses 07-05-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before dinner, me and a buddy ordered real martinis. The rest of these clowns drank cosmos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying different martinis lately, my favorite being the sour apple and blue bomber. Some waitress threw a Sugardaddy at me once that tasted like cheapass bubblegum.

I'm not a big fan of the cosmo either.

Just wondering what martinis you tried and liked.

Thanks

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

The two men in the group had dry Bombay Sapphire martinis with a couple of olives.

The other guys had various types of cosmos masquerading as "martinis."

mmbt0ne 07-05-2005 02:26 AM

One day I want to go to dinner in Diablo's group.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Chateauneuf de Pape

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the only one who started rapping Beastie Boys here right?

usmfan 07-05-2005 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The two men in the group had dry Bombay Sapphire martinis with a couple of olives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A Martini is either vodka or gin, vermouth, olive juice (dirty) and olives. If it's an onion, it's a gimlet. OTW, it's just another drink served neat in a martini glass. No such thing as an appletini or cosmo martini or chocolate martini, etc. I'm all in favor of girly drinks occasionally, but don't call it a martini.

TylerD 07-05-2005 10:14 AM

I'm fine like wine when I start to rap.

Boris 07-05-2005 12:26 PM

This was before I partook of the Fernet.

Allan 07-05-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A Martini is either vodka or gin, vermouth, olive juice (dirty) and olives. If it's an onion, it's a gimlet. OTW, it's just another drink served neat in a martini glass. No such thing as an appletini or cosmo martini or chocolate martini, etc. I'm all in favor of girly drinks occasionally, but don't call it a martini.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people don't think a vodka martini is a martini. You got the gimlet and the gibson mixed up. A gimlet is another sweet drink, the gibson has the onion.

Allan