Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is this a bad river fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284621)

BluEsiNsOuL 07-01-2005 10:59 PM

Re: Is this a bad river fold?

At Party .5/1 [censored] happens.

bozlax 07-01-2005 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just couldn't bring myself to call this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the word "bad" does this fold justice. Next time you're in this situation, call somebody and get them to come over and bring you to where ever you need to be to finish this hand.

In the first place, you don't check this river. If you bet and the guy behind you raises, you 3-bet him and call his cap. If your set of jacks loses to a king-high straight, so be it, but you do not go lightly into that dark night, young man.

Having checked, when Button bets you raise his ass. SB is trapped, this is money! You go to the mat with a hand like this.

bozlax 07-01-2005 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine anyone calling a bet on a 4 straight/3flush board with hand that doesn't beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTs. AQ. T9. QJ. Need I go on?

bozlax 07-01-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At Party .5/1 [censored] happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it certainly did, here.

NDHand 07-02-2005 02:02 AM

Why would you want to induce a bluff if you're sure to win? Value bet then.

Hojglad 07-02-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet and the guy behind you raises, you 3-bet him and call his cap

[/ QUOTE ]
This is terrible. Having your default line being value betting this scary ass board, re-raising when raised, and then calling when capped is just about the worst line possible that you can take here. I don't mind betting and calling a raise here. Folding this river would be terrible.

imported_Reaction 07-02-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to induce a bluff if you're sure to win? Value bet then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a bet should be made here.

IM mind inducing a bluff should be saved for the times when you have an excellent read on the villain. You would need to know that:
a) Your hand is probably best
b) Villain would not call with a second best hand but may bet as a bluff(i.e. a thinking aggressive player). An approximate % villain would bluff would be helpfull as well.

Does this make sense? I am not sure why you would want to induce a bluff if your chances of a loss increase.

DMBFan23 07-02-2005 03:23 AM

DMBFan23 says:

bet the river to avoid putting yourself in tough spots where people [censored] will overcall but you aren't willing to overcall. let them overcall your bet when you can EASILY fold to a raise

that said, I don't think you're throwing away NEARLY the whole pot here by folding.