Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   blind war w/ two great players (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283191)

elysium 06-29-2005 08:40 PM

Re: blind war w/ two great players

hi barron

the call on the river with K hi is probably being made to keep from being run over in future hands. the SB will fold or raise in this same spot the next few times around. there is also a slight chance that he is leading with the K high, but i think that is a secondary reason.

at the higher levels, you will see calls like this when heads-up on a few rare occasions.

bicyclekick 06-29-2005 08:42 PM

I was on semi-tilt and quit about 5 minutes after this hand. The river call is aweful and I know it and I quit partly because of it. The hand was between schneids and I and dcifrths didn't know I was not playing my A game and this hand isn't very interesting IMO from my point of view. I just played it badly and that's all there is to it.

You know when you're getting beat up and everything is going wrong? You think everyone is putting moves on you. I had tunnel vision vs mike and I paid 200 bucks for it. I had dropped about 70bb at that table before this hand came up and sealed the deal. I quit for the day.

Mike should bet the turn, too. I don't HATE his check, but he really should be betting here IMO. I guess it did throw me for a loop though, cause he doesn't do that very often.

bicyclekick 06-29-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Repeating what's been said..

The J makes this a fold IMO. Turn should have been bet.

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so key it's not even funny.

1800GAMBLER 06-29-2005 08:58 PM

I think we need a circle jerk forum before a bad beat forum.

Schneids 06-29-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like in?

bicyclekick 06-29-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man 1800, you really have the greatest ideas ever. I vote you for moderator. Top notch guy.

1800GAMBLER 06-29-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like in?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Schneids 06-29-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man 1800, you really have the greatest ideas ever. I vote you for moderator. Top notch guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, you're dense. 1800 and BK plz kiss and make up in PMs.

1800GAMBLER 06-29-2005 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He can do no better than play perfectly against your hand range, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important point when considering bluffing frequency. He is bluffing against your mean hand. If you are holding an above average hand you gain value from this.

A simple way of looking at it. Assign your hand values on the turn as 1 to 5. 1 being the worst possible hand you will hold there and 5 being the best. If he is under the impression that you will bet hands 1 - 5 he could be justified in c/r'ing you to get you to fold hands 1 and 2 (you can't call with 1 or 2 because of his perfect frequnecy) giving him value on his bluff. How do you combat this? Be one step ahead, realise this and change your range to 5 - 3 thus giving extra value on your hand when he bluffs with no folding equity at all.

However if you do this check and he was never going to bluff the turn you just cost yourself EV from hands 1 and 2.

Jeff's comment about the river is great and a great way of looking at this. As is the sfer and rory hand posted a while ago. This topic goes way overlooked in this forum.

IMO, you should be betting the turn even if he has perfect frequency.

bicyclekick 06-29-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, you're dense. 1800 and BK plz kiss and make up in PMs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just kissing jay's ass trying to be funny. I don't get why you're calling me dense?