Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   10/20 6max, Typical Situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283096)

MAxx 06-29-2005 08:00 PM

Re: 10/20 6max, Typical Situation

[ QUOTE ]
bet, bet, check/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

here as well

joker122 06-29-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-handed at the moment and both opponents are relatively unknown. Each is your standard 41/7 loose/passive 10/20 opponent.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

What's your "standard" line here?

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

still better than a stats post.

Alobar 06-29-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to disagree with everyone else in the thread and say that I check-call this flop. Folding equity is low because both draws(J9, Q9, QJ, 79) and made hands will call both the flop and turn. This flop is likely to hit a loose passive limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like check call, you take away any chance you have to win the pot. Sure it might not be a huge chance, but its still a chance. youve only got one limper and a bb in the hand.

I bet the flop, and prolly bet the turn if I dont take it on the flop, but that depends on the card and if they both called or just one called.

BigBaitsim (milo) 06-29-2005 08:26 PM

***This user's advice-giving priviledges have been revoked.***

baronzeus 06-29-2005 08:27 PM

I like betting here, and (of course) calling a raise.

I also fire again on the flop, and depending on the board, c/f or b/f the river.

On another note,
[ QUOTE ]
still better than a stats post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to point out that I have not seen one post of yours that has been either positive, helpful, or that has contributed to the forum in any way. I don't know who you think you are, but "Carpal Tunnel" status doesn't give you the right to try to bully people around. Try posting a non-sarcastic, straight forward reply to someone's post.

Jeff W 06-29-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop, and prolly bet the turn if I dont take it on the flop, but that depends on the card and if they both called or just one called.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet flop/turn and don't improve by river, I think that you should bluff many river cards(any except for Q or J). You have odds to bluff because your opponent will often be on a J9 or QJ type draw and fold.

I think check-calling the flop often gets you a free turn card against passive opponents and your chances of taking down the pot are particularly slim on this board, otherwise I'd advocate betting.

___1___ 06-29-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to disagree with everyone else in the thread and say that I check-call this flop. Folding equity is low because both draws(J9, Q9, QJ, 79) and made hands will call both the flop and turn. This flop is likely to hit a loose passive limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the check/call (button bet and only I called), check/fold line in this instance (turn was 2s) as I probably do 75% of the time in this specific instance. FWIW, if a diamond comes on the turn I'll almost always either donkbet or checkraise depending on the opponent.

Intuitively, the passive line just seems "right" to me in this instance. Lots of very good replies!

___1___

___1___ 06-29-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
***This user's advice-giving priviledges have been revoked.***

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

___1___

Jeff W 06-29-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I took the check/call (button bet and only I called), check/fold line in this instance (turn was 2s)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize you had a double gutshot? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

sl4v3 06-29-2005 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to disagree with everyone else in the thread and say that I check-call this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have odds to call, do we? I think it's either a bet or a check/fold. No?