Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I Found Moneymaker!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281667)

hoopsie44 06-27-2005 06:52 PM

Re: I Found Moneymaker!!!

Was there any vibe going on between Moneymaker and Bambi?

nath 06-27-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They sell whiskey at Winn Dixie in LA?

[/ QUOTE ]

They sell whiskey EVERYWHERE in LA.

augie00 06-27-2005 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you feel bad for him? He's a millionaire. And no matter what people say, you'd have to be the luckiest man alive to win the WSOP without any skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not and never was on the Moneymaker hating bandwagon. I would feel bad for anyone who's making a living doing that, not just Chris.

But I feel especially bad for him because the last thing I want to do as a professional poker player is tour supermarkets playing heads up with some donk in front of five people. I'd want to be, you know, at the WSOP in front of the lights and cameras, raking in huge pots and winning WSOP bracelets.

Let's examine this again:

a. Play heads up for nothing with nobody
b. Play for millions of dollars with top professionals

Which one would you rather be doing?

Russ McGinley 06-27-2005 07:59 PM

Whats incredibly ironic about it is that a lot of people credit his win for really boosting poker into a mainstream-accepted TV game and now look at him only 2 years later.

Kevmath 06-27-2005 08:03 PM

The way he's been running, next year he'll be sponsored by Two Buck Chuck.

Kevin...

PuckNPoker 06-27-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Let's examine this again:

a. Play heads up for nothing with nobody
b. Play for millions of dollars with top professionals

Which one would you rather be doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think in this particular case, choice (A) is the clear cut +EV selection..

augie00 06-27-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats incredibly ironic about it is that a lot of people credit his win for really boosting poker into a mainstream-accepted TV game and now look at him only 2 years later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not quite sure exactly how ironic it is. His celebrity has certainly died down, that is for certain. But he was never really charismatic in front of the cameras...his celebrity came from the fact that he turned $80 into 2.5 million.

Raymer did something similar, and now it seems that they make a big deal out the usual half of every WPT final table which have qualified by satellite for about $20. Moneymaker isn't anything special anymore, he's just a face on the wall at Binions.

And I forgot to mention to the OP that I replied to is that I doubt that Moneymaker is still a millionare. Or maybe if he is, he probably doesn't live like a "stereotypical" millionare if you will. But that's all just a bunch of guessing. In reality I have no idea. His lack of presence at the WSOP might be an indicator though.

utmt40 06-27-2005 08:52 PM

In the other post I beleive someone stated he just a had a kid with his wife so that also may be some of the reason as to why he isnt playing much. I think we all may be looking into this too much but I doubt he is broke by any means.

acIdREIGN462 06-27-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was there any vibe going on between Moneymaker and Bambi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, no vibe. If I were to lie and say yes, I bet this thread would get a lot more interesting though. She was out of Moneymaker's league though IMHO.

gildwulf 06-27-2005 09:00 PM

That's not the Bambi I remember from my childhood.