Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Huge draw on flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=280965)

Snag 06-26-2005 09:36 PM

Re: Huge draw on flop

In my opinion you played this absolutely perfect up till your river push. I'd make $65 to go instead of pushing.

xcrack999 06-26-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion you played this absolutely perfect up till your river push. I'd make $65 to go instead of pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think making it $65 is any different from pushing. Villain has less than $40 left after his river bet. Nice hand.

tripdad 06-26-2005 11:33 PM

i love to play these big draws aggressively as you did. problem in this hand is the pot is only $3.

i check behind here on the flop, and fold to a turn bet because of that. i'm just not interested, no matter how big my draw is, in playing for a lot of money in what initially is a battle of the blinds.

cheers!

AllIn3High 06-27-2005 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love to play these big draws aggressively as you did. problem in this hand is the pot is only $3.

i check behind here on the flop, and fold to a turn bet because of that. i'm just not interested, no matter how big my draw is, in playing for a lot of money in what initially is a battle of the blinds.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... my hand is certainly a favorite against 2 random hands so betting the flop can't be bad.

And it's 4 handed, 9/10 hands are battle of the blinds.

What's your minimum requirement for engaging in a battle of the blinds here? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

imported_anacardo 06-27-2005 12:18 AM

Are you kidding? Villain's entire stack is potentially available. Who cares how little is in the pot? What use is this thinking in NL, particularly short-handed NL? You'd have to break my arm to keep me from pushing chips into the middle.
You seem to be engaging in the common fallacy of creating an arbitrary, mathematically false distinction between a "draw" and a "made hand."

Komodo 06-27-2005 06:08 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just one question, if villian pushed after your reraise on the flop, would you call? I'm curious because I have a difficult time in this situation as well, especially in an unraised pot. If he had a little shorter stack it would be much easier, but he's got a decent stack behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. very easy call.

Komodo 06-27-2005 06:15 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easy to be result oriented. I like pushing too.