Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AKo preflop - 2 bets back to me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=280190)

shant 06-26-2005 02:06 PM

Re: AKo preflop - 2 bets back to me

I'm calling. I'm seeing a turn for one bet. This would be a good fold if it went like this:

UTG raise, UTG+1 3-bet, UTG+2 cap, you fold.

Here you already have two bets in.

JJH3984 06-26-2005 02:28 PM

Yeah I'd say so. You are getting 5-1 on your call here, but I don't think a laydown is a huge mistake. That said, not having reads on your opponents means you HAVE to call. If you knew both of the raiser to be rocks, you could fold easily. Now if you lost your mind and raised with 22 from EP and it came two back to you THAT would be an easy call no matter the opponent.

HajiShirazu 06-26-2005 02:58 PM

Folding is pretty awful here. The only way you are in bad enough shape to warrant folding is if you are against KK and another AK, or somebody has AA. But you already have one of the aces and one of the kings, so these situations are much less likely than that of being against two lower pairs or AK and QQ, or even better something like AQ and JJ.

CallMeIshmael 06-26-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling. I'm seeing a turn for one bet. This would be a good fold if it went like this:

UTG raise, UTG+1 3-bet, UTG+2 cap, you fold.

Here you already have two bets in.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerProdigy 06-26-2005 03:39 PM

I would probably see the flop and then I could better evaluate the situation.

Rah 06-26-2005 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it with a passion. You have AK.

[ QUOTE ]
I figured that I was way behind

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

AKos is not a monster. Why wouldn't he be behind a KK or AA? I would surely take a flop, but saying "pedal to the metal, its AK for christs sake" is kinda fishy.

SoSo 06-26-2005 04:21 PM

cap this preflop everytime.

this is really quite basic.

sthief09 06-26-2005 04:21 PM

are you [censored] kidding me?

sthief09 06-26-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO reads mean that you gotta fold here, bad position and capped betting behind you means even if an A or K does hit you are going to be hard pressed to find out where you are at, which means that you also won't be able to extract proper value those times when you hit the flop and are still ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

you're wrong

imported_leader 06-26-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AKos is not a monster. Why wouldn't he be behind a KK or AA? I would surely take a flop, but saying "pedal to the metal, its AK for christs sake" is kinda fishy.

[/ QUOTE ]
He said he was "far behind." He's only "far behind" AA and KK, which are somewhat unlikely since you have an A and a K. Assuming you are "far behind" is a mistake. Where did I say "Pedal to the metal, It's AK for Christ’s sake?"