Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hand #2 from 5000 PLHE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279432)

jon_1van 06-24-2005 12:30 PM

Re: Hand #2 from 5000 PLHE

I'm not 100% sold on the turn bet. I can see wanting to protect your hand because the board is double suited. But I think it will put you in a crappy situation no matter what the river is.

If the river completes a flush and you are bet into...you?
If the river is a brick and you are bet into...you???
Same problem if its is checked to you.

So I'd check the turn in order to keep the pot small. This way if my hand isn't best. I won't lose a truck load of chips and I will get a showdown most of the time. Here I'm guessing Aaron Katz will bet out with any hand that beats your K9. But since the pot didn't grow on the turn it will be a bet you can call.

Hopefully this isn't took weak....but I'm not seeing you making much more money on this hand if your hand is ahead

MLG 06-24-2005 01:08 PM

I hate your turn bet. Yes there is a flush draw or 2 out there, but your hand is so marginal you need to excercise some pot control. Since there are a handful of draws out there your not gonna know if he hits anyway. So, check the turn behind and plan on calling a river bet.

locutus2002 06-24-2005 01:20 PM

I'd push.

I think AA is most consistent with all rounds of betting. I'd put him all in on the river. He can't expect that 9 to help you.

AA-6 ways (consistent, flop, turn c/r, river)
KK- 1 way (consistent but unlikely)
AK - 8 ways (speculative for flop check on coordinated board)
55,77 - 6 ways (consistent, flop, turn c/r, river)
AQ,AJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 ways - (not consistent turn c/r, or river bet(too big))

I think hero is probably ahead by a 2:1 and there's no point in saving any chips.

SossMan 06-24-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate your turn bet. Yes there is a flush draw or 2 out there, but your hand is so marginal you need to excercise some pot control. Since there are a handful of draws out there your not gonna know if he hits anyway. So, check the turn behind and plan on calling a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely agree 100% here. i want a showdown and would hate to be checkraised here.

11t 06-24-2005 01:53 PM

I was going to post this line but I thought maybe I was retarded. Glad to see I am learning.

2005 06-24-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely agree 100% here. i want a showdown and would hate to be checkraised here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad a few people picked up on the part of the hand that I thought was really in question. I check the turn here about 99% of the time. My bet was part of the reason I didn't lay this hand down. I was very deliberate in making it and had a tough time deciding whether I wanted to bet or not. I thought Aaron picked up on this and was putting a move on me with a spade draw or a small pair. Working through the hands that beat me on the turn, none of them made sense. I couldn't see him doing this with AA at the table we were at(which was aggressive when folded around, but very passive when someone open limped). I couldn't put him on 64 UTG, KQ, K7, K5, K3 seem very unlikely the way this hand was played and playing a set this way is quite dangerous b/c I'm not guaranteed to bet the turn. I had been checking alot of turn cards with a variety of different holdings and certainly would have checked the turn with a diamond draw. Anyways, he showed me black 44 and I won. Anybody think pushing the turn is the best play(This is what Aaron thought I should do["You played that hand all wrong kid"])

locutus2002 06-24-2005 04:44 PM

Wow.

I don't like pushing the turn because I think it lets Aaron fold everything that you beat too easily. After you call the turn I think Aaron could bet all his hands on the river. Were you prepared to call T10,000 if you did not improve?

Put another way, if you push on the river you lose all your chips when you are beat and win none extra when you have the best hand. If you call, then he should bet both the best and the worst hand whether you improve or not.

I can't believe he made a move on you for his stack.

I still would have pushed when the 9 came down. Did you consider it?

2005 06-24-2005 10:40 PM

No, I never considered pushing when the 9 came. If he has me beat, just calling leaves me with some chips to play with.

Bigdaddydvo 06-24-2005 11:14 PM

Gavin-what's the reasoning behind limping in with the trash hand--I'm guessing just to mix it up some?

2005 06-24-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gavin-what's the reasoning behind limping in with the trash hand--I'm guessing just to mix it up some?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had alot of chips, I had alot of chips, I like to play hands with position, looked like a good spot to jump in there and get some of his chips